No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley ranks higher than Floyd and Ward p4p

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
    Who are the four fighters you rank above him?
    1. Floyd
    2. Ward
    3. Martinez (yeah, even though he's had a bit of a rehab layoff)
    4. Rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoes View Post
      1. Floyd
      2. Ward
      3. Martinez (yeah, even though he's had a bit of a rehab layoff)
      4. Rigondeaux
      Martinez was lucky to get a win over Martin Murray. A lot of people feel he didn't win that fight. It's not some massive robbery (it was still a close fight) but the same could be said about Bradley's win over Pacquiao, and Pacquiao is a much better fighter to be seen as having robbed than Martin Murray is.

Rigondeaux has one name on his pro record worth mentioning. That puts him above Bradley in your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
        Martinez was lucky to get a win over Martin Murray. A lot of people feel he didn't win that fight. It's not some massive robbery (it was still a close fight) but the same could be said about Bradley's win over Pacquiao, and Pacquiao is a much better fighter to be seen as having robbed than Martin Murray is.

Rigondeaux has one name on his pro record worth mentioning. That puts him above Bradley in your eyes?
        I agree that Martinez has lost some luster in the last few fights (Murray throughout, and Chavez in the last round), but he's still shown to be the top man in the MW division. I still think he can give opponents hell at 154 or 168 (not saying he'll win them all).

For Rigo, it's how he dismantled Nonaire that catapulted him up the list for me.

Timmeh beat JMM in my opinion, in a close fight, but it wasn't in convincing fashion, nor did he beat Pac, and he really 'survived' Provo.

At the end of the day, I think positions 3-5 are super close, and it's all subjective.

Comment

Sure you do..

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Andre Ward doesn't act like Broner with his wannabe Floyd persona, Ward does these little things like when Floyd puts his glove in the are and shakes it and than kinda frowns with his lips during the introductions.

Floyd and Ward have skills, but they hand pick and fight in their hometown all the time. Floyd fights all the time in Vegas and Ward in Oakland with few exceptions.

Bradley is the best American fighter in the game.
            Accusing a fighter of fighting in his hometown? Like who does that? LOL Thats reaching. To discredit someone for WHERE they fight. F.ck all of that, do they execute in the ring? Ward is probably the most violent tactical boxer out there. He is dirty, combination puncher, takes risks, manhandles his opponents. People try to act like he fights like Bhop. Bhop NEEDS to be dirty in order to win, and he throws one punch a round. Ward has the crowds screaming in his fights, then a month after the fight, people pretend that it was a snoozer. Floyd is the best, then ward, then after that yall can figure it out

Comment

Ok how many times has Ward fought in his home town out of his 27 fights? When you get the answer you will see how stupid you're for saying he fights in his hometown ALL THE TIME.
              Last edited by cantor5150; 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

He isnt yet , but he is closing in.
                Hopefully boxing politics wont
                Mess up the fight of tims life with floyd.

I think floyd wins , but bradley makes him earn it .
                In a close competitive fight of will and skill

Comment

No chance Bradley is #1 P4P. I can put him at number #4.

1. Mayweather
                  2. Ward
                  3. Rigondeaux (he made Donaire look like a novice)
                  4. Bradley
                  5. Martinez
                  6. Pacquiao
                  7. Lara
                  8. Garcia
                  9. Broner
                  10. Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    That's my honest opinion and many others with a logical mind will share this. I don't like guys who talk mess but don't back it up.

Tim Bradley is my p4p number one right now, he will fight anyone. We can't hate this man for the judges decisions, but think about him he has more balls than Floyd and Ward, to me he is a great example of a true American fighter and very versatile. I don't rank Andre Ward higher because he is a Floyd wannabe in terms of his mannerisms not fight style, he even does that hand movement and that thing with his lips that Floyd does during his fight introductions.

Also Ward ducked Lucian Bute, yes Bute got beat up by Carl Froch but Ward didn't want to fight him, Froch fought him first and knocked him out. It reminds me of someone who waits for threats to lose or get exposed.

Ward also fights in his hometown all the time and always looks for advantages, he also wants julio cesar chavez jr lol.
                    Clear cut explanation of a hater...you say you don't like the guy, yet you watch him SOOOO CLOSELY that you notice a habit he does with his lip?! TF!!! I'll give it to you though...that's a new one. SMFH

Comment

Fighting in Vegas is where boxing experts prefer to see a fight. It's been that way before most if you were born. Knocking a guy because he prefers to fight in a state that doesn't try to take more then their share of his purse js just financially smart. Seems anyone that thinks otherwise have no clue abiut the business side of boxing and is just speaking from their own stupidity. I seriously doubt Floyd or Ward cares were some cat that hides behind a keyboard has to say about what he feels is there P4P ranking is since it boils down to the money plain & simple...

Comment

Working...
                      X