No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma is Open To Russell, Still Wants Gamboa Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
    I understand what you wisely say..I just think that juanma is not threat for gamboa..not for even a rusty gamboa past his prime..and I want that somehow he getbhis time back..I hope he will be in top level shape for another 3 years..pleaseeeee...
    If JuanMa hasn't lost too much with the inactivity, he's still a threat to anyone. Lopez hits hard, plain and simple. One good shot can end a fight. But JuanMa is in a similar situation to Gamboa. Lopez turns thirty next summer, and he's had a long layoff himself. There's no telling how that's going to affect these guys.

Yuri's my favorite current fighter. I've got my fingers crossed that he'll be okay. I'm itching to see him fight Farenas. We'll know immediately whether he's lost a step or not, and whether he has a chance to get it back. I'd love to see (at least) another three years of top-flight Gamboa.

Comment

Alot of ppl are writing juanma off already, if salido was to beat mikey garcia would that change your opinion at all?

Comment

Both guys take him out. Russell is going to be the man here in a year or so, he is definitely the goods on all fronts - very impressed by his skills and demeanor.

Comment

Juanma, you are among a select few of likeable bums, please don't do it. Fight some weak champs and make some money before it's over. Russell and Gamboa k.o's him easily!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Alot of ppl are writing juanma off already, if salido was to beat mikey garcia would that change your opinion at all?
            I pick Salido to beat Garcia. I'm not writing Lopez off, but I do think his shot at being elite is all but gone. We'll see what JuanMa looks like upon his return.

Comment

Juanma is definitely delusional to say that him vs Gamboa is at the same level as Mayweather vs Pacquiao!! & then to add on that Gamboa NEEDS to fight him!! After his 2 looses against Salido & the way he looked against Oliver(the guy he fought before the 2nd Salido fight) where he got hit with just about every shot that "Feather Fisted" Oliver threw before finishing him off in 2, as of now No prospect or top of the line fighter really needs to face Juanma unless they want to add a known name to their resume or if by any chance they could get a good payday... Juanma is gonna have to build his record up again with good wins against good fighters before he starts calling out or trying to choose his opponents.. After he talked a lot of S H I T(like always) & said he would fight Vazquez Jr & saw it could become a done deal, he quickly changed his tune & started with his "Rockstar" attitude demanding(like if he was in any position to demand anything) that anybody that wanted to fight him, the money had to be right.. Then after the fight & date was set, Juanma said that if Vazquez Jr wants to fight him he would have to jump 2 categories up cause now he realizes that he can't make 126lbs anymore.. So Orlando Cruz said he was willing to go up to 130lbs to fight him & Diego Magdaleno(a natural 130 pounder) said he'll fight Juanma, but Juanma just brushed them off or plain & simple ducked them & hasn't said much or more like anything about them 2 & just keeps on saying he's still looking for opponents.. Juanma is just FULL OF S H I T!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio
                Juanma is definitely delusional to say that him vs Gamboa is at the same level as Mayweather vs Pacquiao!! & then to add on that Gamboa NEEDS to fight him!! After his 2 looses against Salido & the way he looked against Oliver(the guy he fought before the 2nd Salido fight) where he got hit with just about every shot that "Feather Fisted" Oliver threw before finishing him off in 2, as of now No prospect or top of the line fighter really needs to face Juanma unless they want to add a known name to their resume or if by any chance they could get a good payday... Juanma is gonna have to build his record up again with good wins against good fighters before he starts calling out or trying to choose his opponents.. After he talked a lot of S H I T(like always) & said he would fight Vazquez Jr & saw it could become a done deal, he quickly changed his tune & started with his "Rockstar" attitude demanding(like if he was in any position to demand anything) that anybody that wanted to fight him, the money had to be right.. Then after the fight & date was set, Juanma said that if Vazquez Jr wants to fight him he would have to jump 2 categories up cause now he realizes that he can't make 126lbs anymore.. So Orlando Cruz said he was willing to go up to 130lbs to fight him & Diego Magdaleno(a natural 130 pounder) said he'll fight Juanma, but Juanma just brushed them off or plain & simple ducked them & hasn't said much or more like anything about them 2 & just keeps on saying he's still looking for opponents.. Juanma is just FULL OF S H I T!!
                Juanma might beat Cruz but Magdaleno would box circles around this clown. The way Magdaleno has been hitting and working the body he might even stop Juanma.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Juanma still has that "I call the shots mentality". Need to get over himself a bit. Go fight Celestino (the fight that should've happened when you held a title). Then we will know where u stand.

But TBH, I can never count out any fighter with punching power. Yes the guy has plenty of flaws but when the man lands flush, it can change the course of any fight quickly.

Comment

Russell in an article said "Im ready for the best" and then in the suject of the article he said in a few fights. Which is it?? He needs to step up, have the confidence to step up. His speed would give JuanMa fits or anyone else for that matter. His speed makes everyone else look like they are fighting in slow-mo. One of the fastest fighters ever in his division. He reminds me a little of Rocky Lockridge but greater speed.

Comment

Good to see JuanMa still has no idea what he's talking about, much like after the Salido fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X