Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you consider michael bay a great director?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you consider michael bay a great director?

your thoughts?

for me... he is great for what he does... (creating highly charged testosterone filled, mindless popcorn flicks...) he is elite in that regard IMO...

but if you consider yourself a film buff looking for substance and great interplay of moving pictures showcasing human emotions and tendencies, then he is not your guy...

i highly enjoyed "the rock" when it first came out by the way...

I consider him someone I would punch if he ever pitched a movie idea to me.

Comment

He is what he is.

I love Armageddon, but not such a fan of the Transformers series.

He's not a craftsman, but he can make an enjoyable popcorn flick for sure.

Comment

i believe he did the remake of the texas chainsaw massacre. he did an awesome job on that movie. his cast he chose were perfect for their roles. r.lee ermay as the dad of leatherface(sheriff)

Comment

The Transformers Movies are absolute dogshit.

WTF was this?

The cinematic equivalent of those dickless losers who hang balls off the back of their trucks.

The best thing about Transformers was watching Megan Fox run in slow motion.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              i believe he did the remake of the texas chainsaw massacre. he did an awesome job on that movie. his cast he chose were perfect for their roles. r.lee ermay as the dad of leatherface(sheriff)
              he didn't direct the texas chainsaw massacre remake he was just the producer...but i remember enjoying The Rock and Armageddon when i was younger. The first Transformers wasn't that bad. I saw some of the second Transformers film, and based off what I saw it was pretty ****ty..haven't seen the third one and I don't have any plans to see it. Also The Island was okay too...overall he is an okay director.
              Last edited by Bermuda; 08-09-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manos_de_Piedra View Post
                Haha. I bet he didn't think anyone would notice.

Comment

Those things he calls Transformers "movies" were horrendous filth with good graphics to draw in eyes.

Comment

He's great at explosions, not much else.

Comment

Working...
                    X