No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    I've always thought this as well, Holy had his number.

a great engine beats a mediocre engine every time

the only way i'd ever pick tyson would be in a fight less than 8 rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by The Smash View Post
      He beat Whittaker, Chavez, Vargas and Quartey. To anyone who wasn't on their 10th shot of tequila from their 3rd bottle, he beat Trinidad. I gave him nod in the second Mosley fight, too.

I agree with disliking Oscar but not knowing why.
      I just didn't enjoy a lot of his fights and yes he did beat decent guys but I still don't have him up there because in my opinion there have been HUNDREDS of incredible fighters. If we were talking about the top 100 of say the last 50 years then yes he's in the top 50 for sure and I understand that people admire him, every fighter in history has had criticism.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a thread featuring Oscar in De La Hoya vs Jimmy Clabby for anyone wanting to compare era's, but you may need to research Jimmy first. If they had the alphabet titles in his day, Jimmy Clabby would have won at least a belt in 3 divisions from WW, jrMW and MW. and there were hundreds of his contemporaries like him. So mate let me know ( on that thread ). cheers.

Comment

• Duran's defense is now overrated.

Mayweather should have been fighter of the decade.

Robinson has a good shot at stopping Hagler late like he did to LaMotta.

Comment

• Most old timers are extremely over rated. Jack Johnson, Joe Gans, Sam Langford, Benny Leonard, Bob Fitzsimmons. Worst of all is Harry Greb. And that's only to name a few. Look at their style of fighting; none of them realistically have a chance against a world class fighter with a more modern style.

Comment

• Naseem Hamed was better than Barrera.

Oliver McCall was better than 90s Foreman.

John Ruiz was better than Hasim Rahman.

In a round robin (weight adjusted to a pfp sense), Corrales/Castillo/Casamayor get the best of Morales/Barrera/Marquez

Mayweather beats Chavez and Duran any day of the week in any weightclass

Comment

• Duran is only the 3rd best lightweight of all time:

1. Gans
              2. Leonard
              3. Duran

Gans whips any lightweight in history head to head.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                Duran is only the 3rd best lightweight of all time:

1. Gans
                2. Leonard
                3. Duran

I make Duran #1 but its basically splitting hairs when u are dealing with this type of quality

Comment

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  Now that's gotta be the number one most unpopular opinion on this thread, or maybe of all time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you're the winner for sure,...... and I'm still on the first page.
                  I completely agree with it. I've always said Wilde wasn't the greatest Flyweight, wasn't the greatest British fighter and wasn't a top tier ATG. He's overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    Duran is only the 3rd best lightweight of all time:

1. Gans
                    2. Leonard
                    3. Duran

I'm not sure that's really that unpopular. Lots of guys have Duran behind Leonard and Gans. The last one though? He probably got beat enough that it's impossible to say he'd beat any lightweight in history. He lost to a bunch of them after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      marquez has a decent chin?

lol.

he has a decent chin that's aided by great recovering skill and tons of heart

Comment

Working...
                      X