Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch refuses an offer to fight in germany, demand neutral venue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it happen in The Netherlands !! Please, please PLEASE !! I will go !!

Comment

The fight should be in Germany so that the money is right.

However, the refs and judges should all be American (why not Tony Weeks as ref and pick 3 from: Adalaide Byrd, Duane Ford, Dave Moretti, Tom Kaczmarek, Jerry Ross, Chuck Giampa, and Raul Caiz, Sr.).

That way every official is unbiased and neutral and they make the most money possible. The best of both worlds.

Comment

Dublin ftw.

We love a good fight in Ireland, I'd prefer Belfast but as that is in the UK its not going to be concidered neutral, so Dublin it is.

Lots of eastern Euros over here too. It would sell.

Comment

Originally posted by PRboxingfan View Post
          The fight should be in Germany so that the money is right.

However, the refs and judges should all be American (why not Tony Weeks as ref and pick 3 from: Adalaide Byrd, Duane Ford, Dave Moretti, Tom Kaczmarek, Jerry Ross, Chuck Giampa, and Raul Caiz, Sr.).

That way every official is unbiased and neutral and they make the most money possible. The best of both worlds.
          if i'm froch, I don't care so much about the money as much as I do about getting into the next round

Comment

I think they should do it in America.

Having Valuev-Holyfield in a neutral country didn't make a difference. Anywhere in Europe you are likely to end up with a group of European officials, all of whom will likely have a history of turning in bad scorecards.

I think Showtime will probably be happy with that arrangement as it's surely better for their broadcasts to show live boxing rather than fights that already happened hours before on tape delay.

Comment

Both should Fight in U.S.

Comment

Eurostar trains gets to Paris, France in 2 hours from London UK, Another train goes from Germany to brussels-paris they should have it there in Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                  Why don't they have it in Paris? Or just somewhere random in Europe. Thousands can come from Germany and the UK with ease on budjet airlines and the TV money wouldn't change at all.
                  Nah M8, Paris is a ****hole. I got a better idea.

AMSTERDAM!!!!

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    if i'm froch, I don't care so much about the money as much as I do about getting into the next round
                    Thats what Froch wants, He want to get to the next round and the more reason he seems to be upset about the prospect of going to fight in germany, The super 6 tourney has shown a weakness in terms of home judging/refereeing so i wouldnt expect both AA and Froch to want to go to their opponents hometown with so much at stake, Both need the victory to stay and move into the semi-final and am sure the judging would definitely be influenced by whoever fought at home.

Comment

they should have it in paris, neutral venue where fans from both england and germany can travel easily. paris is a big city so nobody would mind going there for a fight, great arenas too.

imagine brits and germans invading france for a huge fight in a soccer stadium or some ****, boxing is a relatively big sport in france too.

Comment

Working...
                      X