No announcement yet.

Tutorial Video BY FREDDIE ROACH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial Video BY FREDDIE ROACH

Unlike the usual ones by a bum, this one is by one of the best trainers in the world. Eddie Futch taught him that **** so that's good too. People should remember it is good to learn about these moves even if you do not think they will fit in with your style!

if you can mater this you may also want to try putting a left hook where the right uppercut should be.

Comment

Don't know about that mate. There are a few on 'Expert Village' too, but not all of them are experts! Some of them go through the basics:

Comment

Yeah what Peewee said, would probably also smooth

edit: my bad looked more carefully think it won't work cause of your shoulder
        Last edited by Smokin'J; 11-16-2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Genryu View Post
          Yeah what Peewee said, would probably also smooth

edit: my bad looked more carefully think it won't work cause of your shoulder
          yea... when you do a fade or roll in an orthodox stance, you are in better position to throw a right then a left. a fade or roll coming out of a high-low defense (right hand up, left hand down) is almost like slipping right. you don't throw left hooks after you slip right...

i mean roy jones could do it in his prime because he was so fast that he could open up his left hook without consequence. for ordinary humans it isn't advisable.

you could come back with a left hook after that uppercut though

Comment

the moves is not for beginners

these are pro moves, not for amateurs without a lot of experience. in order to perfect this move you must sit in the "pocket" which as freddie stated is dangerous and very few fighters can do that. james toney and floyd mayweather perfected that move, but they would fire the right hand to the head. you have to have great upper body movement to sit in the pocket and do moves like that, it's not for every one....

Comment

nice, ill have a look later.

there is another guy on utube, a trainer, who did an excellent tutorial on how to execute the left hook. since i followed that my left hook is much harder and technically better.

this is the guy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6ed7-_VSQHI

what u think/know of him chavez?

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
                yea... when you do a fade or roll in an orthodox stance, you are in better position to throw a right then a left. a fade or roll coming out of a high-low defense (right hand up, left hand down) is almost like slipping right. you don't throw left hooks after you slip right...

i mean roy jones could do it in his prime because he was so fast that he could open up his left hook without consequence. for ordinary humans it isn't advisable.

you could come back with a left hook after that uppercut though
                [img]http://***********.com/media/simple/22438/9778f1d15f09.gif[/img]

Comment

when i say replace the uppercut with a left hook, i mean throw a left hook to the body as you roll the punch. because the way freddie says to catch that punch would carry a left hook through its natural pattern

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2008 View Post
                    nice, ill have a look later.

there is another guy on utube, a trainer, who did an excellent tutorial on how to execute the left hook. since i followed that my left hook is much harder and technically better.

this is the guy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6ed7-_VSQHI

what u think/know of him chavez?
                    Not seen much of that guy or heard of him, but that channel does have lots of useful instructional clips by other trainers. they are good for increasing knowledge, but nothing replaces a top trainer at the end of the day. From what I seen of that guy he talks sense but at the end of the day you need someone who can coach to look at your mistakes fromthe outside and tell you what to do.
                    Last edited by JulioCesaChavez; 11-16-2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X