Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who’s afraid of big, bad Brock? Not Carwin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brock will handle Carwin. Sure the guy has 1 punch KO power. But as stated before, it wont matter on his back. Brock can most likely take any man on the planet down. Including Fedor.

Comment

Shane Carwin is literally the same size as broke. He also has a wrestlying background and has got bigger hands too.

I think this could be a good fight. I'd put some major money on Carwin since he'd be like a 4:1 underdog

Comment

Brock will destroy carwin, and bricks will lose all his points

Comment

Shane Carwin- NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up Heavyweight in 1996-7, and the NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion in 1999.

Brock Lesnar- * Big Ten Conference
          o Big Ten Conference Championship (1999, 2000)
          o Ranked the #1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten Conference (2000)

* National Collegiate Athletic Association
          o NCAA Division I runner–up (1999)
          o NCAA Division I Championship (2000)

* North Dakota State University's annual Bison tournament
          o Heavyweight Championship (1997–1999)[97]

* National Junior College Athletic Association
          o NJCAA All–American (1997, 1998)
          o Junior College National Championship (1998)

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
            Shane Carwin- NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up Heavyweight in 1996-7, and the NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion in 1999.

Brock Lesnar- * Big Ten Conference
            o Big Ten Conference Championship (1999, 2000)
            o Ranked the #1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten Conference (2000)

* National Collegiate Athletic Association
            o NCAA Division I runner–up (1999)
            o NCAA Division I Championship (2000)

* North Dakota State University's annual Bison tournament
            o Heavyweight Championship (1997–1999)[97]

* National Junior College Athletic Association
            o NJCAA All–American (1997, 1998)
            o Junior College National Championship (1998)
            That's nice and all but this isn't really an amateur wrestling competition. Brock won't be able to bulldoze Carwin.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
              Brock has no head movement and eats shots. Carwin lands one punch, it's fight over.
              Originally posted by fallenloki View Post
              That's nice and all but this isn't really an amateur wrestling competition. Brock won't be able to bulldoze Carwin.
              carwin can change the course of a fight with 1 punch, like he did to gonzaga. carwin's boxing technique is much better than lesnar's, when he's throwing he doesn't look as much like a gorilla pounding on someone's head. in a wrestling match, for sure, brock wins, but this is MMA not amatuer wrestling

Comment

Originally posted by phallusy View Post
                carwin can change the course of a fight with 1 punch, like he did to gonzaga. carwin's boxing technique is much better than lesnar's, when he's throwing he doesn't look as much like a gorilla pounding on someone's head. in a wrestling match, for sure, brock wins, but this is MMA not amatuer wrestling
                if you're referring to brock's ground and pound, yes he use to punch guys on the ground with the outside of his fists but if you notice in the last fight he didn't do that. He actually threw the most powerful and technically sound punches on the ground that I have ever seen. I'm not hyping lesnar or anything, but I honesly have never seen a ground and pound executed in such a way before. Mir had his head well secured in the 1st and 2nd round but lesnar still found holes and landed powerful strikes from weird angles. Lesnar's ground punching has significantly improved and it might be the best I've seen in MMA besides maybe Fedor's.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenloki View Post
                  Those were Carwin's creds.

Of course it's not amateur wrestling, but I think the info was useful for consideration of the matchup, considering both guys have heavy wrestling backgrounds.

Comment

Working...
                  X