No announcement yet.

Is boxing rec still fair and objective??lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    You're such an unbelievable loser. Azumah Nelson is like 12th on there.
    I guess you are missing the entire point of this thread..lol

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
      I guess you are missing the entire point of this thread..lol
      I remember it, but for you to carry it on is pathetic. Just confirms what a massive loser you are.

Comment

Canelo still ranked number 1 on their current pound for pound list~

Boxrec does a decent job with current division rankings because that limits the variables in the equation. Going back in time and or across multiple weight classes their lists have problems because rating boxers is qualitative not quantitative. Math equations are great for quantitative analysis which work great for numbers based sport like baseball where every number is earned or basketball to a lesser extent because there are a lot of cheap stats in basketball. What number can you use in boxing to base any formula off? wins, scores (LOL), punch stats? So how can you make an equation to measure anything.

Although I will admit boxrec has done a good job with it because like I said their division rankings aren't that bad and it is a different way of exploring ranking boxers.

Comment

I remember it, but for you to carry it on is pathetic. Just confirms what a massive loser you are.
          Naw just confirms how small i make you feel..you cry everytime i post.. i own your b1tch ass..you go to sleep balled up in a corner crying thinking about me dont you??? ****ing peasant

Comment

Naw just confirms how small i make you feel..you cry everytime i post.. i own your b1tch ass..you go to sleep balled up in a corner crying thinking about me dont you??? ****ing peasant
            Lmaooooooo

Phaggot, your life revolves around Floyd. If it wasn't for your daddy owning a life insurance company you'd be on the street begging for crack money. You have no impact on my life but I can still comment on how pathetic you are. People like you make me sick which is why I'll remind you of it constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
              Thanks for posting the fight highlights. Looks like classic Floyd to me. No running like Oscar did from Trinidad. But I didn't watch the whole fight. I'll put it on my agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Let me help you out.

You have two populations of "Floyd Evaluators".
                1. Those that focus on WHO Floyd fought and beat, regardless of when, and whether or not his opponent was close to his level
                2. Those who focus on WHEN Floyd fought particular fighters under the hindsight theory that he might have lost

See, #2 is the issue and what gets on my nerves.

AFTER Floyd makes easy work of certain fighters, even fighters that are still in the Top 10, even when they're fresh off dominant wins (Mosley), even when they're considered at least #2 (Pacquiao), even when they're at that moment the biggest perceived threat to Floyd (Canelo), even when they're the #1 contender (Guerrero)....it doesn't matter to these people. They'll make excuses because they have the benefit of hindsight.

They're saying "who cares that you lost, it was to an ATG, so that's better than not facing said ATG at the peak of their career".

These are the same people who blatantly ignore Floyd's rise, and his damaged hands as the reason he changed styles. Same reason Hearns changed styles, BTW. Hearns wasn't always a KO artist - he turned into basically Floyd Mayweather at the latter part of his career because of his hands, and frankly, a much better fighter who was able to evade and even take punches much better than when he was swinging for the fences. Don't see anybody criticizing that change.

Is Floyd #1 all time? I don't know. It depends on your criteria. I say no - simply because he doesn't have enough fights to consider it, in my opinion, win/lose/draw. You've got guys who have over 100 fights with very few losses to compare against.
                I think Floyd "changed styles" due to his moving up in weight more so than protecting his hands. His power was lessened as he moved up. At the lower weights he was the bigger and stronger man generally. Moving on up that dynamic changed because Floyd isnt naturally a big guy. His opponent were stronger and tougher to ko so he changed to a primary defensive oreintation. If Floyd perceived weakness he would drop bombs. See hatton, Marquez and Ortiz.

Comment

Lmaooooooo

Phaggot, your life revolves around Floyd. If it wasn't for your daddy owning a life insurance company you'd be on the street begging for crack money. You have no impact on my life but I can still comment on how pathetic you are. People like you make me sick which is why I'll remind you of it constantly.
                  lol..see how much you know about me..lmfao

Comment

Lmaooooooo

Comment

You made a thread about it and begged people to buy insurance from you. Kind of hard to forget.

Comment

Working...
                      X