No announcement yet.

Enough of the debate, Nate Diaz fans should thank Mcgregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough of the debate, Nate Diaz fans should thank Mcgregor

Conor made nate relevant. Conor gave him huge payday. The trilogy is something to wait for because if Nate won the 2nd fight. He is nothing again but a journeyman.

Nate might have Conor's number but aside from Conor, Nate will definitely lose against top calibre LW and WW.

Originally posted by led View Post
    Conor made nate relevant. Conor gave him huge payday. The trilogy is something to wait for because if Nate won the 2nd fight. He is nothing again but a journeyman.

Nate might have Conor's number but aside from Conor, Nate will definitely lose against top calibre LW and WW.
    He doesn't have McGregor's number though.

He got him first time because of McGregor's c0cky approach, moving up and thinking he could just blast Nate out. He gassed badly after 6 minutes...the first fight was the best thing to happen to Nate.

This time though, still up at 170, McGregor trained for Diaz; he dropped him 3 times and beat him comfortably. At 155, I think he'll stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      He doesn't have McGregor's number though.

He got him first time because of McGregor's c0cky approach, moving up and thinking he could just blast Nate out. He gassed badly after 6 minutes...the first fight was the best thing to happen to Nate.

This time though, still up at 170, McGregor trained for Diaz; he dropped him 3 times and beat him comfortably. At 155, I think he'll stop him.
      I said "might." However, Conor's win isnt walk in the park. 3rd and 5th round was killer for Diaz.

Comment

Nate isn't a journeyman. He's confirmed the most exciting fighter in the UFC (he's like the Arturo Gatti of MMA) with more "of the night" awards than anyone plus he's been among the top 10 guys, usually top 5, since the UFC has had rankings. He's a solid contender in the UFC & has been for most of his career.

But yea clearly Nate has gotten a huge bump off of Conor previous to this fight & I suspect into the future til he hangs them up. Kinda been a cool thing to see as I think many MMA fans have felt Nate has been one of the least respected by the UFC top fighters around these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Nate isn't a journeyman. He's confirmed the most exciting fighter in the UFC (he's like the Arturo Gatti of MMA) with more "of the night" awards than anyone plus he's been among the top 10 guys, usually top 5, since the UFC has had rankings. He's a solid contender in the UFC & has been for most of his career.

But yea clearly Nate has gotten a huge bump off of Conor previous to this fight & I suspect into the future til he hangs them up. Kinda been a cool thing to see as I think many MMA fans have felt Nate has been one of the least respected by the UFC top fighters around these days.
          He's been a fight of the night awardee numerous times because he used his head to block his opponents punches most of the time.

Comment

He's been a fight of the night awardee numerous times because he used his head to block his opponents punches most of the time.
            So did Arturo Gatti & he wasn't a journeyman either.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              So did Arturo Gatti & he wasn't a journeyman either.
              Sorry, I mean gatekeeper.

Comment

Ahhh the revisionism and rebuilding of Conor as the GOAT has begun again. Awesome......

Now the narrative is that Conor easily handled Nate this fight too?

You guys are too much, that's okay though if Conor does go up to LW and fights the elite he'll have another loss within a year for you guys to make up a whole new narrative of how "he dominated him.... Until".

And if Nate is a gatekeeper/journeymen then Conor losing to him even once means that he isn't what you guys all thought he was.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
                  Ahhh the revisionism and rebuilding of Conor as the GOAT has begun again. Awesome......

Now the narrative is that Conor easily handled Nate this fight too?

You guys are too much, that's okay though if Conor does go up to LW and fights the elite he'll have another loss within a year for you guys to make up a whole new narrative of how "he dominated him.... Until".

And if Nate is a gatekeeper/journeymen then Conor losing to him even once means that he isn't what you guys all thought he was.
                  What belt did Nate hold 8n the UFC? When did Nate fought in main event like this one? When did Nate got a huge paycheck?

I Never said anything on any thread that Conor is great. Move on fan boy.

Comment

What belt did Nate hold 8n the UFC? When did Nate fought in main event like this one? When did Nate got a huge paycheck?

I Never said anything on any thread that Conor is great. Move on fan boy.
                    I'm not a Diaz fanboy, so gtfo with that ****. I'm talking about MMA fanboys (probably you, tbh maybe not with Conor tho) who jump on everyone being the GOAT after like a few good fights.

BTW he main evented for the LW belt against Bendo. Lost but still fought in the main event.

Comment

Working...
                    X