No announcement yet.

Why Steve Collins lost to McCallum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Steve Collins lost to McCallum

Collins began his professional career in the United States, winning regional middleweight and Irish middleweight titles. It was not until Collins reached his early his 30s that he fulfilled his potential.

Having competed against the best boxers on both sides of the Atlantic, Collins tends to be linked more to an era in the UK during which there was a notable rivalry between British boxers Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn, both of whom he fought and defeated twice.

However, less talked about is his early loss to legend Mike McCallum - And it has now resurfaced what was the main factor behind the decisive defeat.

Let's take it back to the beginning.. Roberto Rosiles. A name Steve Collins dealt with impressively - Pivotal moment in this story. After this victory, Collins went to Mexico and partied with Tequila, hookers, guns. More specifically, he went to Guadalajara.

He met this lady in red:

Don't let the old exterior fool you - Legends say she was quite the peach back in those days - More specifically before she had 6 boys and 7 girls squeezed out of her.

Steve and Ms Ana, made up quite the relationship. Some say their relationship was the inspiration for the sex scene in "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"... You know the one.

They made sweet lovin', in a time condoms were still not trusted - As per proof, condoms never convinced Ana.

Steve left Guadalajara in good faith, thinking no one would ever know about his cheeky mishaps. However, by homing pigeon, the news arrived in Boston. Ana was pregnant. "Mr Steve" the message read. "Trés meses".

Steve was shocked. His wife was about to give birth, and here was a little bastard on its way. It didn't look good.

But the truth, as they say, shall set you free. And we now all know why Collins hated Eubank so much. He mirrored his insecurity about his bastard child in Chris, as Chris had done exactly the same. It was a defense mechanism to make sure his secret wasn't spilled.

But now, Steve - You are free.

Last edited by LacedUp; 06-03-2016, 07:37 AM. Reason: no traffic

Walk into a bar and hear these two talking, and notice their accent.
    Me: "Are you two ladies from Scotland"?
    The one in red angrily replies: "It's Wales you freaking idiot".
    Me: "Oh I'm sorry, are you two whales from Scotland"?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Walk into a bar and hear these two talking, and notice their accent.
      Me: "Are you two ladies from Scotland"?
      The one in red angrily replies: "It's Wales you freaking idiot".
      Me: "Oh I'm sorry, are you two whales from Scotland"?
      oldie but goodie

Comment

Working...
      X