Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Eyes Daniel Geale Unification Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG needs to build his name up in the U.S and he doesn't bring money to the table.
    Forgot how big Geale was and how much he brought to the table

Comment

Quillin isn't active enough. He tires. Although he has world class power, his defense is lacking and like I said he tired. Geale is all wrong for him: fast hands high work rate good footwork and a solid chin. He has no pop but I envision quillin starting strong and slowing down like he did against N'jiam and Guerrero. Geale takes him.

Comment

I like this match up. I mean what other choice does he have.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          Stop ducking GGG FFS!!!
          Quillin is ducking GGG, and Canelo the whole fuking division, I think these two should fight each other...

Comment

Pete is not ducking GGG.... They can't figh each other.... HBO won't allow him to go to showtime. He can't fight Sergio for the same reason. He can't fight fight Chavez because top rank and GBP won't do business... So tell me again who he is ducking. Geale will be the best name on his résumé if he beats him but he is improving and is displaying devastating power. A convincing win over geale and I think he starts to sniff around the ten spot on the p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by ETG View Post
              Pete is not ducking GGG.... They can't figh each other.... HBO won't allow him to go to showtime. He can't fight Sergio for the same reason. He can't fight fight Chavez because top rank and GBP won't do business... So tell me again who he is ducking. Geale will be the best name on his résumé if he beats him but he is improving and is displaying devastating power. A convincing win over geale and I think he starts to sniff around the ten spot on the p4p list.
              Whenever he mentions him in an interview, sure sounds like ducking. There was one here from last year, way before the HBO GBP split. And then there was another one like 2 weeks ago, where he leans into the camera, to whisper something like "GGG a good boy, very risky"

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Whenever he mentions him in an interview, sure sounds like ducking. There was one here from last year, way before the HBO GBP split. And then there was another one like 2 weeks ago, where he leans into the camera, to whisper something like "GGG a good boy, very risky"
                Well I won't comment on what I didn't hear or see but I will say this... As of today the fight is virtually impossible to make. In terms of the "quote" you posted... Risk in boxing has to be evaluated in two ways. Ring risk/financial or career risk. GGG is a risk in the ring but the flip side is he brings no fan base or money to the fight. Fighters take risk for money. Funny tho... GGG has been in the country less than a year so if the 1st comment you reference was made in 2012 was he ducking him or did it truly not make sense to fight an unknown commodity with one stateside fight and no fans?

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
                  What the f4ck are you on ? GGG expressed will to fight him many, MANY times but the fight "didn't make sense" according to Mr. Quilling. It's a straight up SUCK if you ask. Also, P4P my ass ! Peter is getting KTFO the minutes he steps in the ring against GGG, but he never will as he know that very well himself.
                  Lol... Cool story? How has GGG expressed a will to fight Pete many times.... He hasn't been in America for an entire year yet? GGG calls out everybody from 140 to 175 after every fight... Are 6 weight classes ducking him or jus Pete? I like GGG. Think he is a special fighter. But a fight between he and Pete is 50/50 in my eyes. I think Mack the knife gives him some trouble as well. Look in less than a year GGG has beat 3 fighters that entered the ring with a combined 14 career loses. Pete's previous 4 opponents had 7 loses and 5 of those belonged to HOF'er winky wright.... Who needs to prove themselves here?

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    The biggest name on his resume is a 40 year old, 2 year layoff Winky Wright. Quillian took the path of least resistance to the belt and hasn't really fought anyone of high quality. Not a fan.
                    Path of least resistance? Stop it... Look the Chavez fight was never gonna happen because of bs between arum and Schaefer. Martinez was and is big fight hunting at this point (as he should be at this stage in his career) but recently Sampson stated on his behalf that they weren't interested in Pete and didn't even know who he was. Strum had the other belt in Germany since like 2007... Which path would you have had him take? Mcewen had only one lose when he got in with Pete.... Winky who is a hall of famer had 5. N'dam had none and Fernando had 1. Including Macklin GGG (whom I am a fan of) recent competition has 18 loses.. Maybe he should choose a tougher road to a title.

Comment

I think Geale beats him

Comment

Working...
                      X