Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on PED Testing, Says Pacquiao Finally Learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Mayweather is saying Pacquiao lost because of Marquez's PEDs. And Pac failed to demand tests. Hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Do you even realize what your wrote I stopped reading from the bolded .

When your drained you lose speed and snap as well as power , you become plodding your reaction time is fuzzy and your resistance is lower , your still fit but your as flat as a dung carters hat , exactly what you describe as Cotto

Do you realize that there is a difference between making weight and being weight drained?

Here is proof that Cotto said he was fit and NOT weight drained.
      Here is proof that Corrales was NOT fit and was severely weight drained.

Example 1
      - Cotto vs Manny (Cotto stating in all interviews he trained well and 145 was no problem)
      Example 2: Diego Corrales vs Floyd (Corrales and team admitting that he was weight drained)

1a) At 1 minute mark
      "Problem making 145? No, last fight I made 146 with more than 24 hours prior to weigh in (ie. easliy made it)

1b)

Here is an interview when Cotto had already completed his training in Puerto Rico and Tampa.
      " Miguel worked out in LA on Tuesday and in a Las Vegas gym for some writers on Monday and believe me, he is fit and ready."

"MIGUEL COTTO: The last fight I spent more than 24 hours doing nothing. Just waiting for the weigh-in. My weight was 145. All I have to do is add a half hour to my work every day and I am going to reach 145 with no problem.

Do you think Manny is too small to beat you?

MIGUEL COTTO: He is coming from a lower weight division and if he thinks he is going to have the same power as Miguel Cotto, his thinking is very wrong.

Do you think the two pounds will have any affect on you?

MIGUEL COTTO: When we took this fight we decided that we were fine with 145. We knew we could do it and we knew we would be at our best the next night. We would not have taken this fight if we didn’t think I was going to be at my best the next night after the weigh-in.

http://www. east sideboxing.com/weblog/news.php?p=21822&more=1

1c)

"I lost because of Manny's speed .... I couldn't see from where his punches came from"

2a) Diego Corrales

For Corrales, it meant making the dreaded 130-pound limit one last time; one final episode of long days with only a grapefruit to eat, of jogging in rubber suits and of endless steam baths to get down to the limit. One more time, and he’d be off to the 135-pound lightweights and living fat, never having to take off those terrible final pounds again.

He walked up to the scale,
      and the fight was, in a sense, lost right there. For all his efforts in the steam bath that morning, shedding 8 pounds, he was still 132—two pounds overweight. He went back and sucked the 2 pounds off in time for the weigh-in. A day later, his body both starved and waterlogged from his ensuing re-hydration, he entered the ring—146 pounds at fight time—and the results were a disaster.

“I didn’t really realize ’til the third or fourth round that everything was going bad,” said Corrales.And I was cramping up. … My legs started cramping real good, and I’m going, ‘What’s the deal here?’

http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento...tent?oid=14761

2b)

"For Ariza, this is a second chance..... he received a call from ...... Diego Corrales. He, Diego, needed a strength coach....... Corrales had the flu before the Floyd fight and had trouble making weight: both factors led to an enervated Corrales getting knocked out in 10 rounds. It proved a learning experience for Ariza..... If I continued to cut weight, I'd make Corrales weaker. If I fed him, I could get him stronger then try to deal with the weight issue - and IT BACKFIRED!!!!
      Last edited by ADP02; 02-23-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Corrales was sooo weigh drained that he moved up in his very next fights.
        Cotto was sooo not weigh drained that he didn't move up in his very next fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Corrales was sooo weigh drained that he moved up in his very next fights.
          Cotto was sooo not weigh drained that he didn't move up in his very next fights.
          Haha...Corrales was SOOOOOO weight drained he took Freitas' 0 and his title at 130 shortly after.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            Dont make me laugh! Coming from you that means **** all. You are one of the very worst flojobs on here. You probably think testing for 2 months out of 12 is above board and not even remotely suspicious.
            Whatever way you want to criticize floyd for doing 2 months of testing its 2 months more than manny ever did. If it makes floyd possibly dirty than manny is far worse between not testing and the attempts to negotiate a cutoff.

But hey man its ok. Manny will either do testing or fight outside the us without. When he does guys like you will have every word you ever posted about testing shoved down your throats.

Let the commission do its job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
              Haha...Corrales was SOOOOOO weight drained he took Freitas' 0 and his title at 130 shortly after.
              People just say stupid sheet sometimes, I prefer to deal with facts. Corrales was still fighting at 130 three years after he was supposedly weigh drained against Mayweather according to people on here, While Cotto was fine "Because he said so before the fight" even though facts was he had to move up just right after.

Comment

People just say stupid sheet sometimes, I prefer to deal with facts. Corrales was still fighting at 130 three years after he was supposedly weigh drained against Mayweather according to people on here, While Cotto was fine "Because he said so before the fight" even though facts was he had to move up just right after.
                The difference is though, even if Corrales was drained, it's his own fault. Floyd didn't make him campaign at 130.

Whereas if Cotto was drained, it's Pac's fault because he was the one stipulating Cotto fight at the catchweight.

Comment

he didn't have to move up, he moved up cause he wasn't a threat to the top 2 welters, and to pick up an easy 3rd divisional belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    he didn't have to move up, he moved up cause he wasn't a threat to the top 2 welters, and to pick up an easy 3rd divisional belt.
                    A lot of people were picking Foreman to beat Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
                      A lot of people were picking Foreman to beat Cotto.
                      they may not have known about the kneebrace he was gonna be wearing. without his wheels Foreman doesn't brings much at all

Comment

Working...
                      X