No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley really shouldn't be a first ballot hall of famer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    depending on his class, he probably won't be. there are a lot of top fighters who will probably be eligible in ~ 5 years.

hopkins, toney, jones, holyfield, marquez, pacquiao would all beat him out, for example.
    I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
      One of the best ever at 135, pre-PED scandal. Definitely made a lot of bad career choices though.
      The calendar shown in evidence "suggested" that Mosley began and finished the banned drugs in 12 days from end July to 1st week August. He was never charged nor suspended, for which the Commission must have had a reason, probably that he tested clear.

As a lightweight, he had 8 defences all won by KO; Mayweather had 3 with 1 by KO.

Considering that Gatti was a 1st round winner, Mosley should make it easily depending on what other entrants there will be.....
      Last edited by edgarg; 02-13-2013, 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
        I totally agree. HOF is all about legacy
        HOF is all about business.

Comment

What test did he fail?

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
            What test did he fail?
            he did not fail a test, sir. but i'm guessing your question is rhetorical and that you know the story already.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              he did not fail a test, sir. but i'm guessing your question is rhetorical and that you know the story already.
              Definitely aware of the story. I just think of the Oscar rematch a no-contest. Since most felt he lost it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                HOF is all about business.
                We may not always agree but you nailed it with this post. This is what the HOF to me has been downgraded to.

Comment

Working...
                X