No announcement yet.

Knockout punchers with glass jaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
    Zab Judah, Amir Khan, Wlad Klit come to mind. Although I'm not sure I would describe Khan as having "monster power."
    Also, I think it's pertinent to point out that I think Zab has somewhat resurrected himself in terms of his ability to take a punch.

Comment

Primo Carnera

Comment

Alejandro Berrio came to mind for me.

Comment

No jhonny gonzalez?? He knocks you out or gets knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by LAkers85 View Post
            Julian Jackson and Terry Norris come to mind. not very bad chin's per say, but got ko'ed in big fight's and were often hurt during fight's.
            I think the problem with them was that they were so offensive minded that they were caught off guard when their opponents threw back. A lot of the times when those two were dropped, they were being caught between punches or while on the attack.

To me, the best example of a chinny guy with big KO power is Tommy Hearns.

Some big punchers with strong chins are Vitali Klitschko, Marvin Hagler, George Foreman and Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Oleg Maskaev

Comment

Originally posted by David Haye View Post
                two of them will be fighting on July 2nd
                NO, only one of them will be fighting. Don't forget that Haye, heavy puncher though he may be, showed this against mostly undistinguished 200 lb'ers who likely were boiled down 225 lb'ers. And there's amply proof that he has a rather shaky chin.

Klitschko, on the contrary, was not fighting against guys who had the handicap of making weight, and also, has shown, ever since the strange Brewster no punch TKO, where he just collapsed sick, and had to be half carried by the ref to his corner. I recall that he even fell from the ref's grip.

Klitschko deliberately JUMPED at the opportunity inhis very next fight, of takig on the fearsome KO Killer, Samuel Peter. And, in the fight itself, ignoring all the rabbit punch, shoulder push and rope catapult "down's", took enough solid punches to show that he had a GOOD chin, and even though he won every round, looked ready to go another 12.

people who KNOW boxing, of whom there are only few on this board, will agree with my comments. The majority, will not.

I couldn't care less. I am a truthful and observant guy. And, G-D forbid, NOBODY'S FAN!!

If I wasn't busy with other matters, I could make a career of correcting the ignorance and malice of most of the posters.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                  Oleg Maskaev
                  Yes, Maskaev, although a very heavy puncher, had a VERY poor chin. I've seen him staggered by a good jab. he had a very nice short uppercut though, when close in.

Comment

Manny P..................

Comment

add James Kirkland to that list

Comment

Working...
                      X