for more power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for more power

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson80.htm

Hitting the heavy bag is the best thing to do for your punching power.

Comment

Hitting the heavy bag is the best thing to do for your punching power.
      Definatly. Improve punching power and technique by actually punching, not by lifting weights.

Comment

Of course technique and actually punching is the most important thing. No one said it wasn't. At a certain point, you do need other stuff to keep improving. It's like the stamina for boxing isn't JUST built by sparring, though that IS the most important thing.

Comment

obviously doin the right kind of weight circuits improves the power of ur shots, but improving ur technique i feel has the greater impact!

my coach worked on my right hand, purely by technique to improve it, and in my next fight i KO'd my oponent with it lol! no joke! good coincidence init!

simply put, improving technique and doin weights accordingly improves ur punching power! its hard to xplain describe the weight circuits dat u shud b doin, differs for each person u c!

safe

Comment

I think it would be quite good! Its only two days a week and the rest can be boxing, thats a good mix I believe. I guess if you wanted you could put both into the one day. Im gonna give it a try. Not disagreing with what you were saying that technique is better. but wouldn't both be great!?

Comment

Both are better, anyone should be able to see that. Is just sparring better than sparring AND roadwork? Of course not.

That said, I think the program in that link is kinda weak...

Comment

that kind of workout will make you too tense when you through a punch because when you are uppercutting a aweight you have to think about stopping it and this creates tension in the wrong muscles. tis workout will also make short work of your elbows and shoulders!!

heavybag is the best way to go

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis
                  that kind of workout will make you too tense when you through a punch because when you are uppercutting a aweight you have to think about stopping it and this creates tension in the wrong muscles. tis workout will also make short work of your elbows and shoulders!!

heavybag is the best way to go
                  Wrong. You should always think about reversing a punch, and get it back to your guard. That doesn't creat tension, that creates SNAP. What's wrong with that program is that it isn't clear whether it's a strength program or an explosive program. Those weights for the uppercuts are too heavy for explosive work, and the exercise in itself is to specific ("functional") for strength work.
                  Elbows and shoulders will be just fine if you know what you're doing. All training will "make short work" of you, if you don't know what you're doing.
                  That said, I'm not excited about that workout either, but the reasons you state aren't the right ones.

Comment

hmmm explosive? anyone have any explosive programs??? thankyou!

Comment

Working...
                    X