Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a trend with young fighters managed by Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thread makes no sense seeing as how maidana is managed by haymon.

Comment

I don't post much but dude Chino is an Al Haymon fighter. Al Haymons stock dropping? Lol you can't be serious, fighters have nothing but good things to say about Al and the Watson family. Less hate more appreciation and boxing can be where it's supposed to be again.

Comment

Chino, Matthysse, Thurman, and Danny Garcia. They're all Haymon fighters that don't fit the description in the op.

Comment

Haymon roster is LOADED with Mayweather at the top of it all, but he represents Maidana as well, Keith Thurman also. His stable is loaded so he will be fine.

BUT...I do think his young prospects need to EARN their way to the top instead of just handing them success early. Danny Garica EARNED his way to the top at 140, Keith Thurman and Leo Santa Cruz are EARNING their way to the top, nothing been given to these guys and that is the way it should be!

Comment

Originally posted by el98464 View Post
            I don't post much but dude Chino is an Al Haymon fighter. Al Haymons stock dropping? Lol you can't be serious, fighters have nothing but good things to say about Al and the Watson family. Less hate more appreciation and boxing can be where it's supposed to be again.
            holy shyt you weren't kidding 32 posts in 5 years DAMN. new record.

Comment

I don't understand where Haymon's leverage is. Previously he had some concert promotion thing going, and could play the networks against each other. But now he's got Showtime as a sole outlet. How does he get them to overpay still? TBF many of his guys were in more competitive fights lately, as you'd expect from loss of leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by pinpointsman View Post
                Marcos Maidana is a Haymon fighter.

If you really want to troll, at least do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  I don't understand where Haymon's leverage is. Previously he had some concert promotion thing going, and could play the networks against each other. But now he's got Showtime as a sole outlet. How does he get them to overpay still? TBF many of his guys were in more competitive fights lately, as you'd expect from loss of leverage.
                  Haymon still does business with HBO. Just not as much as before.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    its time for the battle of the ABs...Andre Berto vs Adrian Broner

that would be comedy
                    Call me crazy but I think Berto would put a hurting on Broner. Berto isn't a midget without power. However, Berto has been in a few wars and likely isn't as fresh as he was years back, but then again people said the same about Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                      Haymon still does business with HBO. Just not as much as before.
                      Not really, all his guys that featured on HBO since had a normal promoter that HBO dealt with. At least he has no influence at HBO and can't cross shop there

Comment

Working...
                      X