Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the guys that say Roy Jones Jr ducked challenges in his prime...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the guys that say Roy Jones Jr ducked challenges in his prime...

Over the last few weeks, there has been many threads based around Roy and/or many of his nemesis, where his names gets dragged in.

A few times, posters on this site say Roy ducked challenges in his prime and say that his resume is full of journeymen.

Sorry for my ignorance, but i can't seem to think of anyone who Roy ducked or who he had'nt fought in his long illustrous career.

For the posters that believe he ducked challenges can you please name the fighters who you think he ducked?

Theres almost an endless list of top fighters he didnt fight.

Whether or not he ducked them is down to opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Theres almost an endless list of top fighters he didnt fight.

Whether or not he ducked them is down to opinion

Can you name them please.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
        Can you name them please.

Thanks.
        You actually look at Roys record and see no one missing? Just curious.

Comment

I find it a bit suspect why Jones moved upto LHW division where there competition was much more diluted than the 168lbs division.

Roy's resume sucks for a guy of his talent.

Comment

Dariusz Michalczewski, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Gerald McClellan, Joe Calzaghe....

I dont believe he ducked any of them myself, but thats what people say...

Oh and a B-Hop rematch

Comment

One thing is for sure. He certainly didnt fight the best possible opposition while in his prime. There should've been no reason why a prime Roy Jones fought a substitute teacher/boxer, sanitation worker/boxer, policeman/boxer, and one more civil service worker which i cant remember right now, all while in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                I find it a bit suspect why Jones moved upto LHW division where there competition was much more diluted than the 168lbs division.

Roy's resume sucks for a guy of his talent.

Other than a prime Calzaghe who was he meant to fight? And Calzaghe clearly stated that he had no intention of fighting Roy.

Please keep in mind that Roy was not about to leave the US to fight, which is obviously justifiable since his olympic robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by evilp0ptart View Post
                  Dariusz Michalczewski, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Gerald McClellan, Joe Calzaghe....

I dont believe he ducked any of them myself, but thats what people say...

Oh and a B-Hop rematch

Roy and McClellan i think would have fought if McClellan beat Benn.

Roy vs Benn/Eubank would have been great matches, but he did'nt duck them. They never called Roy out.

B-Hop rematch... that was Hopkins fault as much as Roy's. Once again, he didnt duck Hopkins. They just got too greedy with the fight purse.

I seriously cannot see who Roy ducked. You cant name fighters that he could have faced, as it takes two people to make a fight happen. You cant blame Roy for not fighting the Benn's/Eubank's as the fights were never discussed.

Comment

They were discussed and he was called out

Comment

Working...
                    X