Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickest jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joe won the fight with kess with his jab, kess also has a very good jab.

quick fighters naturally have abetter jab but fighters like ali, mayweather, SRR would use their jab to keep thir opponents at bay and open them up.

other fighters like kess, haye and kostya have a good jab but they make it effective so that they can land their big right hand. most good fighters have a good jab because its such an important punch.

in fact can anyone name a good fighter with a poor jab?

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post

quick fighters naturally have abetter jab but fighters like ali, mayweather, SRR would use their jab to keep thir opponents at bay and open them up.

other fighters like kess, haye and kostya have a good jab but they make it effective so that they can land their big right hand. most good fighters have a good jab because its such an important punch.

Easy. even great fighters. Mike Tyson, Joe Frazier, Rocky Marciano, Jack dempsey just from the top of my head.

Comment

another vote for ike.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
          Easy. even great fighters. Mike Tyson, Joe Frazier, Rocky Marciano, Jack dempsey just from the top of my head.
          Mike Tyson had a great jab and he used it to come into the mid distance. Well, in his prime, when he relied on his skills much more then his power.

He did not do anything fancy with it a la his taller counterparts, but it was damn good single hard jab.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
            Mike Tyson had a great jab and he used it to come into the mid distance. Well, in his prime, when he relied on his skills much more then his power.

He did not do anything fancy with it a la his taller counterparts, but it was damn good single hard jab.
            True. He did use his jab well in some of his prime fights, but I definetely wouldn't consider it a great jab in a historical sense. Not by a long shot.

Comment

True. He did use his jab well in some of his prime fights, but I definetely wouldn't consider it a great jab in a historical sense. Not by a long shot.
              It does not matter, he had a very good jab and he knew how to use it well.
              What he did with it in comparison with other guys like Ali or Lewis does not matter.

Comment

i mean current fighters, fighting at a high level - i suppose ricky hatton pre mayweather snr was still a very good fighter, despite lacking a goood stiff jab.

Comment

Ricardo Mayorga??

Does he have a jab?

Comment

mayweather at 130 and in the gatti fight has one of the most beautiful jabs in history.
                    ali, de la hoya, quartey, sweet pea of course.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post

Shane Mosley has one of the worst jabs I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X