No announcement yet.

How long would Lomachenko survive...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
    Can we call agree to stop hyping Loma based on his number of pro fights. No one ever counts that he had 7(?) semi-pro fights which were pretty much the same as pro.

Great fighter, but he has more pro fights than his pro record states.
    Why do people keep saying that.
    WSB is basically amateur boxing. The only difference is the tank top they wear for amateur boxing (and apparently they're trying to remove it from amateur boxing).
    WSB is officiated and judged (scored) like amateur boxing. For example, if you score a knockdown that doesn't automatically give you a 10-8 round. You get warned for any little thing just like you do for amateur boxing. WSB gloves are also bigger than pro gloves.
    You're fighting other amateur boxers NOT professional boxers. Professional boxers would not be allowed to fight in the WSB.
    Pro boxers are allowed in APB but not WSB.

So if you don't know about it don't talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      He has more than enough power to earn respect. Crawford was troubled by gamboa's speed, not his power. His change to the southpaw stance is what enabled him to eventually time gamboa with the right hook...we'll have to see him do the same from the orthodox stance vs a southpaw. Gamboa also lunges in a bit and gets into exchanges which i don't see loma doing. I think the size advantage would be the ultimate difference.
      We'll just have to agree to disagree. Crawford played a dangerous game with Gamboa, something he usually doesn't do. He let Gamboa get in shots so that he could return counters. It was a total firefight. Speed wasn't bothering Crawford because Crawford was using those opportunities to exchange. He wasn't getting hit, then left standing without a target to fire back on. That's when speed becomes a problem. Loma would get killed here. No shame in that though as Bud is top 3 p4p and a bigger guy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        We'll just have to agree to disagree. Crawford played a dangerous game with Gamboa, something he usually doesn't do. He let Gamboa get in shots so that he could return counters. It was a total firefight. Speed wasn't bothering Crawford because Crawford was using those opportunities to exchange. He wasn't getting hit, then left standing without a target to fire back on. That's when speed becomes a problem. Loma would get killed here. No shame in that though as Bud is top 3 p4p and a bigger guy as well.
        For the first 3 rounds crawford was getting beat to the punch. When he switched to southpaw he started to walk gamboa down looking to use the right hook counter, something he does a lot...but i feel like gamboa's speed was the reason crawford went for a different look.

Comment

I'd kick Lomachenko out of my p4p list if he lost to Crawford and I wouldn't care about the weight disadvantage. And I'd do the same to Crawford if he lost to Lomachenko.
          But I want to have both of these guys on my p4p list, because they're supposed to be the KINGS in their divisions, ****ing up all newcomers who have the nerve to doubt their #1 spot. Since they're naturally coming from different divisions and somebody gonna have that weight disadvantage, there's no reason for one of them to ruin the resume.

Comment

Not sure how long loma lasts, but crawford schools him. I think crawford stops him late, around the 9th or 10th

Comment

Working...
            X