No announcement yet.

Was it the punch or the weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it the punch or the weight?

I initially thought it was the weight, and I'm still dubious but Dawson was very susceptible to the left hook and as someone pointed out the shot Ward caught him with in the 3rd round was near perfect.

Try to catch a replay of the shot before you decide (if you can't remember it)

Which was it, the punch or the weight?
    Punch in the 3rd
    30.88%
    Weight-draining pre-fight
    36.76%
    Probably both
    32.35%

His punch resistance was affected by the weight ... Ward doesn't hits harder than Pascal.

Comment

It was both !

Comment

It's the punch. Dawson threw wide and Ward caught him with the short left. Beautiful display of inside fighting.

Comment

He landed perfectly to the chin, those shots would have dropped Dawson at '75, it was right at the tip of Dawson's chin. It was both but again those shots would have been lethal against anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            I initially thought it was the weight, and I'm still dubious but Dawson was very susceptible to the left hook and as someone pointed out the shot Ward caught him with in the 3rd round was near perfect.

Try to catch a replay of the shot before you decide (if you can't remember it)

Which was it, the punch or the weight?
            It was both, Dawson wasn't moving much, and everytime Ward was the aggressor he always had his hands up, so Dawson couldn't counter. I think it was a combination of Ward being so good, Dawson's skills degrading, and the sacrifices Dawson had to make to get this fight (the weight, fighting in Oakland, the low money).

Comment

Punch, all of Wards punches landed as cleanly as possible, especially on the chin. Dawson has been hurt before by guys like Pascal and Adamek too.

Ward was just dismantling him landing perfect shots to the chin.

I also felt Dawson just gave up, he was very frustrated and couldn't do anything, he didn't even know how Ward totally neutralized his jab when asked about it.

Comment

Punch. I think just because Ward isn't knocking dudes out left and right people underestimate his punching power. Nazim Richardson gave an interview talking about it. I'll try to find and post it.

Comment

Weight.... with out a doubt

Comment

Both.

It was a great punch, but Chad has taken far harder and cleaner shots than that at 175 and fired back, he was being rocked by jabs tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X