Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I seeing things or was iron-jawed Pascal knocked down by a jab by Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I seeing things or was iron-jawed Pascal knocked down by a jab by Kovalev?

Can someone shed some light on this please? It was called but I swore he was knocked down with a jab.

On a side note: KOvalev P4P number 1? He is in my mind anyway.

Side note 2: Things looking awful grim for American boxing now, and will look even worse once all their best fighters come out of witness protect and fight their rivals>>>

Wilder vs Povetkin
    Crawford vs Postol
    Ward vs Kovalev

Not looking good for the USA at all.

i think pascal never belonged in 175 lol
    but yeah he got kded by a jab. he was leaping in and took a stiff jab midair i think.

Comment

I think the ad in ring center was slippery. The jab and the ad made him lose traction. Kovalev slipped on the same spot and went down to all 4s later in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
        i think pascal never belonged in 175 lol
        but yeah he got kded by a jab. he was leaping in and took a stiff jab midair i think.
        Bullshlt man. Pascal's a big guy. Kovalev is just a freak of nature, an incredible fighter.

It could have been Ward, Adonis or whoever in there and they still would have been handled.

Comment

Looked like he slipped a bit and got caught square.

Solid jab, but Pascal was not hurt I dont think (though it should have been counted as a KD)

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
            Can someone shed some light on this please? It was called but I swore he was knocked down with a jab.

Side note 2: Things looking awful grim for American boxing now, and will look even worse once all their best fighters come out of witness protect and fight their rivals>>>

Wilder vs Povetkin
            Crawford vs Postol
            Ward vs Kovalev

What exactly does Pascal have to do with American boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by larryggg View Post
              What exactly does Pascal have to do with American boxing?
              I was just mentioning the total sea-shift in power from the West to the East man. Surely you must have noticed it?

Pascal was just another name on an Eastern fighter's belt.

Comment

Very surprised it wasn't ruled a KD.

Comment

Here you go - might help this thread. You guys can find my stuff at the official threads or you can check my history.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Wilder vs Povetkin
                    Crawford vs Postol
                    Ward vs Kovalev

I live in New Mexico but I like all good boxers no matter where they come from and as you say Kovalev is as good as they come. I think Spence will do himself and America proud. Kovalev did indeed knock Pascal on his ass with a left jab but the ref denied a clean knock down was really a knock down. Kovalev has one of the hardest jabs in boxing today. A good Kovalev left jab is as hard as some boxer's straight right.

Comment

Working...
                    X