• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rath View Post
    He is not Zab, he was former NBA player Sam Casey of the New York Lakers

no it's not...Nat just posted some random black chinese guy

Comment

Decent career, Cotto fight was a classic and one of my favorites. I don't see how you can question is heart after watching that fight. He was the last undisputed welterweight champion and has a very respectable pro resume.

I've enjoyed watching him just wish he could have pulled out a W on the big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
        He gets a bad rap for being a frontrunner but he was one of the most talented fighters of his generation. If he had the mental dexterity or make up of some one like Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacqiuao he would have been one of the greats

He didn't live up to his potential in many peoples eyes but he didn't become an undisputed welterweight champion, in an era of splintered belts. Also won the IBF title early in his career and also when he past prime and 33 years old

Contrary to popular believe, he did not lose all of his significant fights and had some very good wins

Wins over champions/titlsts: Kaizer Mabuza, Junior Witter, Demarcus Corely, Cory Spinks, Rafael Pineda, Terron Millet

Contenders/gatekeepers: Reggie Green, Micky Ward, Darryl Tyson, and Lucas Matthyssee

Judah is one of my favorite fighters from the time when I really became enamored with the sport around 1996-1997 and I watched him not make the Olympics and go one to be a world champion. It was great to see

Brooklyn stand up!!!!
        Indeed Brooklyn!!!

Zab never lost a step....when he became a gatekeeper he became probably the premier gatekeeper for the middle divisions, and always, to this day, he is one fight away from a championship. The guy has spirit and you better be able to get by him if you want to make some noise... Zab is always a punch away from getting it done again. his campaign against a weak Corey Spinks was relentles because if you kick his azz you get a pazz but when Spinks pitty patted by, Zab hung him out to dry! I believe this two fight series makes Zab in the company of only the most elite gate keepers....guys like a late Burley and Moore, who could fight in any number of weight classes and give you hell as a prospect if you thought you knew the word at the gate.

judah has proven himself a luminous beacon off of Prospect Avenue in the otherwise foggy landscape of the boxing enterprise, I tip my hat, load the dice, smack the ratchet on her backside and give it up to Zab!!!!!!

Comment

Growing up watching Judah and Mayweather after the 96 Olympics I Hoped they'd fight....in their prime, no one combined speed, skill and power like them near their weight range....Money was at 130 and Judah was at 140....It happened at 147 but if you watch closely its a high caliber chess match until Mayweather starts busting up him and stops trying to match speed with speed and walk him down

lol...Baldomir types???

Mayweather hasn't fought anyone who fights like Baldmir since he fought....well...Baldomir

I know you hate Mayweather but dang, you really cant believe half the stuff you say...its entertaining though
          Lol, Guerrero, maidana, Ortiz, they're all that type of fighter with slight variations. Slow as **** and basic.

Comment

Judah is the only fighter, prime for prime that could match Mayweather speed for speed, timing for timing, and talent wise

I hate Judah lost to Baldo leading to the fight, but I always felt out of everyone at that time from 135-147 that Judah was the one who had the best shot to beat mayweatherthe difference between them is mayweather doesn't depend on one particular attribute and he could adapt when what he was doing wasn't working....Judah fell in love with his power along the way.....before he moved to welterweight, he threw beautiful combos, worked behind his jab and went to the body.....he got overly reliant on counter lefts and uppercuts as he aged
            Great points. Judah also was not reactive adaptive in the ring. Even the way his dad spoke to him in the corner....he was always imposing his will and never able to sit back and let technique and timing develop. Guys that fight like this.... to be great have to be really great. Dempsey, Tyson, Hearns, were guys who could fight out of this one gear... yeah he did have great combo punching, and when he couldn't pull the trigger he tried to get it done with one shot. That never works for long though.

Comment

Zab was a good fighter and an appreciation thread is long overdue.

My only problem is that where there a Zab appreciation thread made before he became Floyd's sparring partner?

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                He is not Zab, he was former NBA player Sam Casey of the New York Lakers
                Sam Casey? You mean Sam Cassell?

Comment

zab went the distance with killers like baldomir and malignaggi and even won a couple rounds in each fight. gotta give him credit for that

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    zab went the distance with killers like baldomir and malignaggi and even won a couple rounds in each fight. gotta give him credit for that

Comment

Always rooted for Zab and still do.

Comment

Working...
                      X