No announcement yet.

VADA>USADA Agree or Disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
    In regards to the Morales-Garcia fight, NYSAC was informed, they made the call to sanction the fight, GBP could also have deep sixed it but didn't. How is any of that USADA's fault? They ran into a problematic situation for positive clen but they had NO say in whether the fight went on or not. They provided testing services as contracted.

The Peterson-Khan fight wasn't any better, VADA knew about the first positive A sample in mid April but didn't inform NSAC until May after the B sample tested positive, weeks after Peterson knew about the result. Ultimately GBP decided to scuttle the fight because NSAC wasn't able to provide a hearing on the issue until the week of the fight, and there was no guarantee NSAC would license Peterson.

Neither testing agency has any say in whether the fight proceeds or not.
    great post and great point..neither can cancel a fight..both are PAID FOR THEIR SERVICES..but ultimately it is up to the commission or promoters to cancel the fight

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I like Vada. They seem neutral and fair. Usada sometimes seem to have an agenda. If a fighter was fighting Mayweather I'd insist on Vada. Mayweather seems too cozy with usada.
      Like i said people have issues with USADA cause they are associated with Floyd nothing more nothing less

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        Are you kiddin me? The Commission was invited during the initial Pacquaio vs. Mayweather saga. The Commission also invited Travis Tygart, head of USADA, to speak in front of them and answer questions. The Commission decided though that USADA testing was unnecessary! Look it up, if you really think this is B.S. VADA also would LOVE to work in conjunction with the Commission, but that is not possible because of the Commission itself.

Your alternative is NOT an alternative since the Commission is uninterested in doing all of that. Once they are uninterested in doing all of that, the only alternative left is for the fighters and/or promoters to handle it themselves.

no they were not invited. travis tygart just came out in the media and started criticizing the commission's drug testing which he has point to but he was only doing it because he was already talking to gbp.

and you're right, they invited tygart for a meeting. why do you think would they invite him if the don't want to get involve? they do want to get involve but they didn't like the way tygart was conducting himself like an arrogant businessman. tygart was all about business and charges so much. that's why dr margaret goodman, who was present during the meeting, formed vada as a cheaper alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          no they were not invited. travis tygart just came out in the media and started criticizing the commission's drug testing which he has point to but he was only doing it because he was already talking to gbp.

and you're right, they invited tygart for a meeting. why do you think would they invite him if the don't want to get involve? they do want to get involve but they didn't like the way tygart was conducting himself like an arrogant businessman. tygart was all about business and charges so much. that's why dr margaret goodman, who was present during the meeting, formed vada as a cheaper alternative.
          And yet, the Commission is also uninterested in working with VADA as well. If the Commission wanted to work with VADA or USADA, they would do so. They are fully aware about them. They just are not interested! Why are you defending their obvious lack of interest in random drug testing?

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            And yet, the Commission is also uninterested in working with VADA as well. If the Commission wanted to work with VADA or USADA, they would do so. They are fully aware about them. They just are not interested! Why are you defending their obvious lack of interest in random drug testing?
            how did the berto and peterson fights get cancelled? wasn't it because nsac recognized the findings of vada? the license for those fights was cancelled by nsac because of the vada findings...that's what i thought happened. so how come you're saying they're not interested in working with outside agencies?

and i'm not defending anybody. i have no agenda here...i'm just seeing things as it is. my only point here is that promoters and fighters should not have the ability to self-regulate. if you can't grasp that then i don't what else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
              yes...and we all know why.......cause it is associated with Mayweather,no other reason what so ever
              Like i said people have issues with USADA cause they are associated with Floyd nothing more nothing less
              It cant be any other reason this thread was created then to discredit May???

Seriously.?.?.?

Comment

GBP cancelled the Peterson-Khan fight because NSAC couldn't hold hearing on Peterson's drug results until the week of the fight. There was no guarantee NSAC would grant Peterson a license, GBP felt it was too close to the fight date to take that risk. They deep sixed their own promotion.

NSAC wasn't kept in the loop by VADA. They didn't know of any of the results until early in the week before the fight was to happen.

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                how did the berto and peterson fights get cancelled? wasn't it because nsac recognized the findings of vada? the license for those fights was cancelled by nsac because of the vada findings...that's what i thought happened. so how come you're saying they're not interested in working with outside agencies?

and i'm not defending anybody. i have no agenda here...i'm just seeing things as it is. my only point here is that promoters and fighters should not have the ability to self-regulate. if you can't grasp that then i don't what else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                  It cant be any other reason this thread was created then to discredit May???

Seriously.?.?.?
                  no just pointing at you man..but the people who go against USADA are the usual suspects..in all honest i dont see a reason to hate either..they both are a step in the right direction and i see no reason to put one over the other

Comment

No drug testing agency should ever be linked to a fighter, ever.

They should all be neutral.

Comment

no just pointing at you man..but the people who go against USADA are the usual suspects..in all honest i dont see a reason to hate either..they both are a step in the right direction and i see no reason to put one over the other
                      Cant speak for anyone else.... I just found the Quillin-Wright situation a little bit funny.... Wondering if anyone else felt the same

Only seen one person mention that situation though

VADA also had its share of controversy with the Peterson situation

Wanted to know NSBs thoughts nothing more nothing less

Comment

Working...
                      X