Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is an idea, why not have Winky Wright in the tournament?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is an idea, why not have Winky Wright in the tournament?

Don't let the Williams fight fool you, Williams just got swamped by activity. I would choose Winky to beat Froch, Taylor, wWard, and possibly Abraham. I also think a fight between him and Kessler could go either way. Winky Wright should replace taylor if Taylor is indeed out.

Winky's over.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Don't let the Williams fight fool you, Williams just got swamped by activity. I would choose Winky to beat Froch, Taylor, wWard, and possibly Abraham. I also think a fight between him and Kessler could go either way. Winky Wright should replace taylor if Taylor is indeed out.
      I dont think he is a big enough name especially at the weight. Plus he is way too inactive during the fight. I think they are going to go with the winner of bute/andrade

Comment

No, Winky too small and past it. He wont beat any of the super 6, even Froch.

Comment

It's a hard sell.

Winky just got shut out at 160. People aren't gonna be chompin at the bit to see him fight guys even bigger and stronger.

Comment

Why? Cause Winky will stink up the place with his boring style..

Comment

When was the last time Winky won a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                It's a hard sell.

Winky just got shut out at 160. People aren't gonna be chompin at the bit to see him fight guys even bigger and stronger.
                To be fair Winky would have lost to Williams even while he was in his prime, its the style that bothered him more than anything else. Winky would easily outbox Froch IMO, and would beat Taylor pretty easily this time around, and is a better boxer than the inexperienced duo. He is also pretty active in the ring and has a great jab.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPromoter View Post
                  Why? Cause Winky will stink up the place with his boring style..
                  No, because he would win fights, and not lose to every fighter in embarrasing fashion like Miranda would, and like taylor probably will from here on out.

Comment

To be fair Winky would have lost to Williams even while he was in his prime, its the style that bothered him more than anything else. Winky would easily outbox Froch IMO, and would beat Taylor pretty easily this time around, and is a better boxer than the inexperienced duo. He is also pretty active in the ring and has a great jab.
                    I'm inclined to agree with you. But what I'm saying is it's a hard sell to the general public who would probably not be thinking that after his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X