Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Rips: Golden Boy's Flat Fee Offer To Golovkin is Bull****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    That is Canelo's prerogative for being born Mexican.

Well, given how quick they took him off PPV. He is most certainly a flat fee fighter, what is to say he isn't besides his trinkets which are worth what? when he has to travel to a WW's country.

Canelo vs Smith doing 200 K for such a lackluster fight is quite amazing actually if you think about it. Even Khan was quite good despite being a mismatch.
    Those are not amazing, they're crappy numbers for the biggest star in boxing with no name opponents in sight, on the most premium date available.

It's the biggest fight in boxing so there's no flat fee opponents. That's how it works. This fight sells many multiples of what Canelo can sell vs anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Those are not amazing, they're crappy numbers for the biggest star in boxing with no name opponents in sight, on the most premium date available.

It's the biggest fight in boxing so there's no flat fee opponents. That's how it works. This fight sells many multiples of what Canelo can sell vs anyone else.

Or it could be a reflection of no one knowing who Beefy Smith is. It also could be a reflection of the current state of boxing. You're being presumptuous in assuming that it's solely a loss in drawing power by Alvarez. What other fighter is having ppv success. To me, not matter how you slice it, as of today, it's a 70-30 fight with the 10 million dollar flat fee not far off what Trip stands to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
        Let me see, Canelo says I'll fight him, I'm ready after Cotto. Nope.

Canelo says I'll fight him after Khan, nope.

Canelo says he vacates belt to negotiate the fight, but ends up fighting Smith and kicking the GGG fight 18 months down road.

And then wants GGG to take a flat fee a year before the fight.

Ok, yea, sure, they want the fight.
        this post makes 2 much sense. You just owned that fool!

Comment

• Which opponent would Canelo make as much money off apart from GGG, I can't see him making anything near what he and GGG would bring in fighting each other, anyone want to throw in any alternatives, this is a simple case of dragging GGG age out as long as they can

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Or it could be a reflection of no one knowing who Beefy Smith is. It also could be a reflection of the current state of boxing. You're being presumptuous in assuming that it's solely a loss in drawing power by Alvarez. What other fighter is having ppv success. To me, not matter how you slice it, as of today, it's a 70-30 fight with the 10 million dollar flat fee not far off what Trip stands to make.
            Your being presumptuous giving your reasons as well, everyone here knows nothing about what's being said and done about this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              Its the best way. GGG is B-side by a LONG margin. This is the guy who had to travel to the backyard of a WW despite being Unified MW Champion.
              Just like the old days the CHAMP was willing to travel and not always fight in his backyard, GGG NEVER fights in his backyard unlike guys of today what he did was reminiscent of what the greats like Muhammad Ali would do, Canelo isn't capable or brave enough to do that.
              B-side... No, you're not B-side when you're more recognized, hold all the main titles and were the one to force the suppose to be "A-side" to dump his belts and drop down a division to fight an unheard of opponent

Damaging your body this bad just to avoid fighting guys your own weight?
              Pathetic.

Comment

• I think alot of yall ggg fans scared that this fight might happen so now your whining about money whats next the gloves and venue? He gave ggg all he wants and this is a clear duck on GGG side I can definitely see why canelo gave up the belt because k2 promotions didnt agree with The A Side. Then you called canelo a ducker so now ggg is the ducker. FACE FACTS GGG IS OLD HE NEEDS THIS FIGHT MORE THAN CANELO YOU CANNOT SAY SOMEONE SCARED LIKE GGG DID AND THEN DONT TAKE THE FIGHT. LIKE CANELO SAID "Be Careful What You Say About Me Because You Might Pay For It Later" Canelo was right. I KNEW CANELO WOULD STOMP GGG SINCE 3 YEARS AGO. YALL GGG FANS SCARED EVER SINCE LIAM SMITH GOT DESTROYED YALL BEEN MAKING EXCUSES EVER SINCE. 😂 THIS IS CRAZY GGG IS NOT GONNA SELL THE FIGHT CANELO IS AND GOLDEN BOY IS NOT K2 PROMOTIONS SO THEY DESERVE A FLAT FEE. MAYWEATHER SOLD THAT FIGHT AGAINST OSCAR HE DESERVE THE SHARE HE GOT (Deserve alot more money than that but thats boxing). BE HONEST DO YOU EVEN WANT CANELO TO FIGHT GGG? It sounds to me yall scared I JUST WANT THIS FIGHT TO HAPPEN. NOW! NO MORE EXCUSES SIGN THE CONTRACT STOP DUCKING AND THEN SAY NOBODY WILL FIGHT YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  Career high payday doe
                  He never fought at "da full" 160 doe
                  He just made 154 doe
                  He broke his thumb doe
                  He couldn't help court case doe
                  HE DA "A SIDE" DOE

I swear, Letterman needs to make a top 10 list of Canelo excuses

da gooooooiiiy's promotuh just dasint want da fight!

JIM!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpo90 View Post
                    I think alot of yall ggg fans scared that this fight might happen so now your whining about money whats next the gloves and venue? He gave ggg all he wants and this is a clear duck on GGG side I can definitely see why canelo gave up the belt because k2 promotions didnt agree with The A Side. Then you called canelo a ducker so now ggg is the ducker. FACE FACTS GGG IS OLD HE NEEDS THIS FIGHT MORE THAN CANELO YOU CANNOT SAY SOMEONE SCARED LIKE GGG DID AND THEN DONT TAKE THE FIGHT. LIKE CANELO SAID "Be Careful What You Say About Me Because You Might Pay For It Later" Canelo was right. I KNEW CANELO WOULD STOMP GGG SINCE 3 YEARS AGO. YALL GGG FANS SCARED EVER SINCE LIAM SMITH GOT DESTROYED YALL BEEN MAKING EXCUSES EVER SINCE. 😂 THIS IS CRAZY GGG IS NOT GONNA SELL THE FIGHT CANELO IS AND GOLDEN BOY IS NOT K2 PROMOTIONS SO THEY DESERVE A FLAT FEE. MAYWEATHER SOLD THAT FIGHT AGAINST OSCAR HE DESERVE THE SHARE HE GOT (Deserve alot more money than that but thats boxing). BE HONEST DO YOU EVEN WANT CANELO TO FIGHT GGG? It sounds to me yall scared I JUST WANT THIS FIGHT TO HAPPEN. NOW! NO MORE EXCUSES SIGN THE CONTRACT STOP DUCKING AND THEN SAY NOBODY WILL FIGHT YOU.

you waited several years to post this one post ?

mods, if you got a second it hin kthis alt needs some busting

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      you waited several years to post this one post ?

mods, if you got a second it hin kthis alt needs some busting
                      Maybe he just types slow, lol.

But seriously, wtf could be the thought process... Ok, I'm going to join this boxing site. Alright, got my account set up, damn, I can't think of anything to say. A year later, still no thoughts. Almost 2 years later, and almost a year into this Canelo-GGG drama, NOW I have something to chime in about

Comment

Working...
                      X