No announcement yet.

Is Tony Yoka turning pro this year??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Yoka would get an absolute hiding If he faced Joe Joyce in the pros his style is just awful.
    That's what I mean, if he can't beat these boys at amateur level, where he has all the advantages, he stands no chance in the pros with lighter gloves and obviously more rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Don't judge the young fella too fast.

He's only 23 but already world champion and olympic champion, that's a hell of an amateur pedigree.
      That's as much as what the whole US males won in 12 years with Ward and Andrade.

Joshua didn't look great in London's olympics, Wilder looked like sht in ams, and get KTFO.

Yoka just like those two exemples can put some muscles and grow up with pro training.
      yoka will fail badly in the pro's,time will prove me right and you wrong.it's ok to be wrong from time to time.

Comment

Yoka is terrible. He looks like a guy who started boxing two or three years ago.

He has no future in the pro ranks. He would be a bigger bust than Audley Harrison. That being said, I would gladly watch this prick get knocked out cold by the first decent puncher he faces.

Comment

With some good training and some changes he can do well in the HW when he turns pro. Got to say he looks terrible in that final fight against Joe J, but I like his movements and his one to two shots.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            That's what I mean, if he can't beat these boys at amateur level, where he has all the advantages, he stands no chance in the pros with lighter gloves and obviously more rounds.
            Exactly lets see how well he is blocking shots when they're flying in at him with smaller gloves it won't be so pretty then a lot of shots will slip on through his guard.

The guy is easy to close the distance on he really is a fake gold medalist and he doesn't look anything special whatsoever they will need to pigeon feed him bums for about 30 fights to build any hype off him.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              Sorry boss, can you let me off with just a warning this time?

Hrgovic has been robbed twice against Yoka
              , so if you wanna act like a patronising prick at least make sure you know what you're talking about you ******.
              Based on?

Did you see both fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                With some good training and some changes he can do well in the HW when he turns pro. Got to say he looks terrible in that final fight against Joe J, but I like his movements and his one to two shots.
                Yet looked better than J Joyce bro, J Joyce is the most horrible superheavy I ever saw.

Kinda Georges Foreman without real power.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Yet looked better than J Joyce bro, J Joyce is the most horrible superheavy I ever saw.

Kinda Georges Foreman without real power.

I think you are even kind with your words in regards to Joyce. I couldn't believe what i saw when i first saw him. He definitely should stay in the non-paying side of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    No he fkin didn't. Lol

And I agree with Hugh. This kid isn't very good.
                    There is no reason for judges to give advantages to a french lad.

France is a not a superpower corrupt country like Russia.

Just to say I damn know the rules of this sport (amateur boxing) altough they changed a bit with those olympics.

AS USUAL, people on this board crying for robberies because they don't understand ONLY CLEAN PUNCHES COUNT.

Hopkins would have won by quite wide margin versus Calzaghe with amateur judging.

This is how it works, so at the end of the day, Yoka adapted better to amateur judging.

And we all don't know how he will adapt to pros, he's a winner unlike J Joyce who had a sht game plan and didn't adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I think you are even kind with your words in regards to Joyce. I couldn't believe what i saw when i first saw him. He definitely should stay in the non-paying side of boxing.
                      Like I wrote in my previous post, people on this board doesn't understand how amateur boxing is judged.

Altough they adopted the round scoring, they kept the amateur scoring vision.

Only clean punches count, and we both know in amateur boxing, body punching is quite underestimated.

Yoka clearly won both rounds IMO.

As I wrote as an exemple, Hopkins would have won vs Calzaghe with amateur judging, amateur judges are harsh when it comes to count punches (give a point).

The punch has to be clean and right through the face, snapping the head, WELL, Yoka totally outclassed J Joyce in that department.

I'm glad Yoka won tough, J Joyce wasn't worthy to wear that medal, dude is a beast and seems to be a good lad but for god sake, he looks like a slow friday night fighter, def not elite.

He can turn pro IMO but he's 30 years old while Yoka is 23.

Comment

Working...
                      X