Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Miguel Cotto go back to his Uncle as trainer for last 3 fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Miguel Cotto go back to his Uncle as trainer for last 3 fights?

I wrote an article a while ago asking why Miguel doesn't use his left hook to the body which was at one point the best punch in all of boxing. Someone made a good point. It seems he's never used it since he fired his uncle before the Clottey fight. Do you think he should o back to Evangalista for his final 3 and see if they can get that relentless Miguel of old back to destroying people?
    Yes
    27.27%
    No
    72.73%

I say no, they bump head too much and will hate to hear how Cotto beat his uncle up again.

Comment

They've had a volatile relationship including an altercation that resulted in a brick through Miguel Cotto's windshield and Evangalista getting his ass kicked as a result. They are also in a middle of a lawsuit involving millions of dollars.

So no.

Comment

This is an interesting point but they both strike me as very stubborn and that would only lead to more trouble. However, Cotto would greatly benefit from a trainer who emphasized effective body punching.

Still, I think the main reason Cotto has focused more on being a boxer and move more is because at 154 he is not bigger or stronger than his opponents anymore. Maybe if he was at 147 we would see more body punching even without his uncle or a trainer who favors body blows.

Comment

Him and Pedro Diaz seemed like they have good chemistry. If the stuff above about him and his uncle having conflict no way.

Comment

Cotto under his uncle was the best Cotto we've ever seen, but that said, they just don't get along and I believe it would be to the point he would prepare properly. I would love to see the left hook to body, seek and destroy monster again, but it's just not happening. He needs to stick with Diaz though, not go with Roach.

Comment

he needs to go back to fighting overrated prospects and bums. That's what he built his "legacy" on. At this point he's an overrated overpaid gatekeeper.

It doesn't matter how many times he changes trainers. He was just never that good.

Comment

Don't really matter who he trains him at this point of his career thou the best we've seen him was under his uncle or Diaz. He should stay with Diaz & try to get back to welter IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  he needs to go back to fighting overrated prospects and bums. That's what he built his "legacy" on. At this point he's an overrated overpaid gatekeeper.

It doesn't matter how many times he changes trainers. He was just never that good.
                  You really hate that foo, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                    You really hate that foo, don't you?
                    I have no bias towards Cotto. If he wasn't a gatekeeper, I wouldn't have a problem saying it.

Comment

Working...
                    X