Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial return for "Firepower" PPV buys -- 1.3 to 1.4 Million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
    "Early projections for the Pacquiao-Cotto fight, which ended with a 12th-round technical knockout, suggest pay-per-view buys in the range of 1.3 million to 1.4 million."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/sp...xing.html?_r=1

Jim Lampley also mentioned in the later rounds that "Firepower" already surpassed the PPV buys of "Number One/Numero Uno", and the info came from an HBO top honcho...
    The last time Pacquiao fought Hatton we were told the ppv's projections were 2.5m ,when the results came out Arum didnt even want them published because they were 800k.

I would just wait for results than these projections

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
      The last time Pacquiao fought Hatton we were told the ppv's projections were 2.5m ,when the results came out Arum didnt even want them published because they were 800k.

I guess you were not paying attention, it was a misprint and that was meant for the Pac-Oscar fight. Check the date of the article from USA Today, and this is the New York Times, a very credible newspaper. Did you watched the fight? Jim Lampley said that this fight already did better than the Floyd/JMM numbers, and that info came from one of HBO's top execs...

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
        This fight should do more than Mayweather/JMM.
        Originally posted by joartcc5 View Post
        Yesterday's news are YESTERDAY.

Pac knows he deserves more, his people know of this...

Pac will get 60-40 or he walks on to Mosley or JMM.

It's a reality that gayweather will have to realize if he has a brain.
        Co-sign. Gayweather needs Pac. 'Nuff said. This ****'s definitely going to have to swallow his own c*** if he wants a fight w/ Pac because of the potential earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post

When there are articles like this then it could be true because it's not from Arum. Arum tends to be optimistic but this article seems alright as an indicator

Comment

May Vs. Pac in Yankee Stadium would be EPIC!

Comment

CABLE COMPANIES OVERWHELMED WITH ORDERS FOR PACQUIAO VS. COTTO

By Ben Thompson | November 15, 2009

"We've never had this experience with so many people ordering a fight. This must be a big, big fight," commented a local New Jersey Comcast cable operator hours before Saturday's pay-per-view clash between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto. After thousands of fans were having difficulties ordering the bout with their remote control, they promptly flooded the phone lines with complaints.

"We're sorry. We are just so overwhelmed with people trying to order this fight. So many people are trying to order it from their remote controls that it locked up the computer. It was processing so many orders, the computer was overwhelmed," she continued, politely explaining that the order would have to be manually processed. Although the incident occurred in a local market, it's a good indication that pay-per-view buys for the Pacquiao-Cotto bout will far exceed expectations. Preliminary results are expected to be in by Tuesday, but I'll go out on a limb and say we're looking a minimum of 1.5 million pay-per-view buys.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/conte...ce9bfb58ae1404

Is this a good indication?

Comment

I guess you were not paying attention, it was a misprint and that was meant for the Pac-Oscar fight. Check the date of the article from USA Today, and this is the New York Times, a very credible newspaper. Did you watched the fight? Jim Lampley said that this fight already did better than the Floyd/JMM numbers, and that info came from one of HBO's top execs...
                It's not about attention, it's more about filtering out what they want to read and want to believe. Anything else detrimental to floyd's hype is written in over with a felt pen by them if in print and all other else they would just shut their ears or close their eyes.

I tell you, these people are "special". They need to be treated gently.

Comment

A true mark of a rabid boxing fan.

I lost a 500K bet to Horus last September, but I told him beforehand that I would be a very happy man if I would lose our bet. You know what our bet was? The Floyd/JMM fight wouldn't do 500K buys, he won, he got paid, and I was a happy man.

We had another bet (read my sig), his reason? Money May is the only non-heavyweight boxer (sans Oscar) that can do a million buys or more.

... and yes, he calls himself a boxing fan too.
                  You won an easy 1Mill

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
                    It's not about attention, it's more about filtering out what they want to read and want to believe. Anything else detrimental to floyd's hype is written in over with a felt pen by them if in print and all other else they would just shut their ears or close their eyes.

I tell you, these people are "special". They need to be treated gently.

They're all autis... I mean authentically special? LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      You won an easy 1Mill

Just like what Floyd might say in this situation, "It's a bank robbery baby!"

Comment

Working...
                      X