Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My body is breaking down - Ready made excuse or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
    Bernard doesn't have hand problems and its a completely different body. Bernard would step on Floyd. 6'0 to 5'8. 175 to 147.
    Why are you assuming it is his hands. He never said anything about his hands, he said his body is breaking down, and he has been very open in the past about his hands.

Comment

WTF? His hands are in bad shape. Sorry, you can't compare Bernard and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
        Exactly.
        And something else, how can guys like Harry Greb (400 some fights), Archie Moore, Henry Armstrong, Ray Robinson and numerous other legends have well over a hundred fights each (and some close to 200 pro fights) and Mayweather be all worn down and tired and needing some midol? With his modern day training regime, in the plushest of life styles and with a possee hovering around him waiting on him hand and foot, how can he say that kind of stuff with a straight face?

I call B.S.
        This Is a very valid point.Can you Imagine 100-200 professional fights In a boxers career.You have to laugh when a guy like Mayweather at 30 yrs old crys that his hands hurt and his body Is breaking down after 38 fights.Sure your hands hurt It's boxing.I hate to have to say this because I will be straight forward and right up front with you, I cannot stand Mayweather(as I'm sure many on the board feel the same way.)but I see no way an aggressive straight forward Ricky Hatton style beats Floyed.Ricky will be there until the final bell but I do not look for him to win more than 3-4 rounds If that.Although I would love for Hatton to make a complete ******* out of me and knock Floyd out within 5 rounds.Oh well It's nice to wish.

Comment

I don't know, sometimes I think Floyd just says schit and really isn't all that deliberate in what he says. Sort of like he's just talking out load, sounding it out. He's so full of contradictions in what he says, I don't think you can read into what he says all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Marduke View Post
            I'm rooting for Hatton, but goddamn JoartCC is obnoxious.

If Floyd does win, it won't be a total loss because atleast you'll (hopefully) shut the **** up.
            Sorry dude.

Fake FLoyd should face REAL WELTERWEIGHTS like Cotto, Margarito, and Williams.

Not try to lure 140 guys like Hatton to 147 to a fight.

Comment

Maybe Floyd is just being honest. People age differently and it would explain why he retired so young the first time. As much as I dont like Floyd, I dont think he would ever take a fight with someone he wasnt 99% sure he would beat. So I cant see this being an excuse incase he loses. That said, if he loses Im sure excuses will be all we hear about...

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                Maybe Floyd is just being honest. People age differently and it would explain why he retired so young the first time. As much as I dont like Floyd, I dont think he would ever take a fight with someone he wasnt 99% sure he would beat. So I cant see this being an excuse incase he loses. That said, if he loses Im sure excuses will be all we hear about...
                Maybe Floyd is preparing himself for a ready made excuse.

Comment

Working...
                X