Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Welliver: I've Come To F*** Sonny Bill Williams Up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Welliver: I've Come To F*** Sonny Bill Williams Up!

As physical specimens Sonny Bill Williams wins by unanimous decision, but he is still burdened by the weight of expectation leading into his boxing comeback against jovial American journeyman Chauncy Welliver.

Williams will attempt to restore credibility to the heavyweight component of his sporting career tomorrow night in Sydney when his seventh professional bout - and first for almost two years - is the focal point of the inaugural Footy Show Fight Night.

The cross-code superstar is still smarting from his contentious win over South African Frans Botha in February 2013, and although he has added a second NRL premiership to his achievements since then, that night in Brisbane continues to undermine his pretensions as a boxer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Was it Lucas Browne who stopped this Chauncy guy last time? I watched that fight, they both looked terrible. Williams all the way...

Comment

I hope Chauncy stops him just cause i like to see things shaken up. Good on Williams though he is having a go. But his career is just too manufactured for my liking.

Comment

Sonny Bill needs to focus on his rugby. He is legitimately the most devastating rugby player in the world. And he is well paid and treated like a rock star in his home country. Theres no way he can replicate that level of success through boxing.

Comment

its a joke fight though. they know Williams moves very well for a man his size so they just put a fat blob with no mobility in there who he stick and move against

Comment

Trash talking in between mouthfuls of popcorn.... That sounds like me talking to my brother shile watching the hockey game. I don't expect that at a HW boxing weigh in...

Comment

Welliver does have good mobility and does punch alot, plus surprising all that padding if anything makes him more sturdy. I expect him to be more competitive, and probably lose a close SD or UD. As for Williams, this is kind of a bogus career. He really should stick with his rugby. There's a reason 2 sporting careers at once rarely turn out well.

Comment

Williams vs Botha was the biggest fail I've seen

I hope he gets destroyed by Chauncy.

WAR CHAUNCY

Comment

Welliver is a joke now...5/6 yeRs ago he was decent but putting on 60 pounds and fighting meaningless bouts, like his one in Peru, accomplishes nothing...I could care lres who wins this...

Comment

Maybe he said, "I've Come To Flab Sonny Bill Williams Up!" That would make sense!

Comment

Working...
                    X