Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VW cheated on diesel emmissions testing!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] VW cheated on diesel emmissions testing!!!

Anyone here own a VW diesel? You might want to sell it now before no one wants to touch it. Either that or get your name on the list for a class action suit!!!

https://www.petri.com/volkswagen-used-software-to-cheat-on-emissions

VW was found to have installed a software-controllable device in its U.S.-based diesel-powered vehicles–Beetle, Golf, Jetta, and Passat, plus the Audi A3–sold between 2008 and 2015 that detects when they are being tested for emissions. During that time, the software throttles back the emissions output of the vehicles so that they pass the stringent U.S. requirements. But when the vehicles are used normally, they emit up to 40 times the legal emission amount, placing high levels of pollutants into the air.

Good for VW trying to bypass the Government. The Government has no business telling car companies what cars they can and can't sell in America. The choice should be up to the American consumer, not a Government bureaucracy.

Comment

Strangely, this thread has me looking on youtube for fastest 1/8 and 1/4 mile diesel trucks.

Comment

My Audi says "I don't give a ****" *loud spool*

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Good for VW trying to bypass the Government. The Government has no business telling car companies what cars they can and can't sell in America. The choice should be up to the American consumer, not a Government bureaucracy.
          So the government should do nothing at all to protect the environment? You should move to China. How would you like to live in Beijing? Would you like your cities to be like this?

Comment

Or maybe you would prefer LA to go back to the way it was in the 1970s?

Comment

VW sunk a whole load of US hedge funds who were short selling Porsche shares a couple of years back and now they're being sued 20 billion dollars by the US gov for cheating on emissions?

I smell a rat.

Comment

You mean these VW's?

Comment

Hmm, I wonder who sold them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    So the government should do nothing at all to protect the environment? You should move to China. How would you like to live in Beijing? Would you like your cities to be like this?
                    Oh boy, simple binary logic rears it's head again. It's not an A or B choice, ie we have air like China's or we have overbearing regulations. Think a little deeper.

What we need to do is to comply with the 10th Amendment and leave automobile regulations to the States, not the Federal Gov't. That way if you want to drive boring cars you can move to a State that only allows for them, while people who enjoy driving fun cars can live in States that allow people to have them.

And fyi, LA's air is nasty today. All the new regulations (and the costs consumers must pay to comply with them) and it's still smog central when the Santa Anna winds aren't blowing out to sea. LA's problem is simple geography. They are basically a bowl surrounded by mountains. So of course they will have smog. Notice how other large American cities don't look like that, and they have less regulations. Heck, NYC has more people and it doesn't smog up like LA does.

Comment

Working...
                    X