Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All these fighters that is in need of a career boost. They are forgetting one man.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All these fighters that is in need of a career boost. They are forgetting one man.

All these fighters like Berto,Ortiz, all these guys in need of a career boost need to get Teddy Atlas asap.
    I'm dead serious. When you have guys that's not well behaved(Berto)or that have a weak heart (Ortiz) You need a dill sergent to drill you.

Atlas is one of the greatest and most hard man trainer of all times and he helped weak minded Michael Moore beat Holyfield because he is a tough disciplinian.

This is what Berto and Ortiz need to do.

Who does Teddy currently train?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      Who does Teddy currently train?
      Nobody important. He is available.

He used to train that cowardly fat fuk Sasha PUSVetkin, but PUS betrayed Teddy after Teddy made him champ.

Comment

Teddy deserves more than just being a commentator on Friday Night Fights.
        He deserves to train another champion. Like back in the days.

Comment

I think Teddy should train Amir Khan too.
          If Amir is willing to listen and get some tough love.

Comment

I don't about that dude. A lot of fighters generally have negative things to say about Teddy and don't really appreciate his training methods.

Also, it could be argued that Teddy very much slowed down Povetkins (his last notable fighters) career. He would always talk about how Sasha wasn't ready to fight the Klitschko's blah blah, but Povetkin very much dipped not just in level of opposition, but also in his fighting style in general while being trained by Atlas.

Comment

I don't rate Teddy Atlas as a trainer particularly but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Afactor4 View Post
                I don't about that dude. A lot of fighters generally have negative things to say about Teddy and don't really appreciate his training methods.

Also, it could be argued that Teddy very much slowed down Povetkins (his last notable fighters) career. He would always talk about how Sasha wasn't ready to fight the Klitschko's blah blah, but Povetkin very much dipped not just in level of opposition, but also in his fighting style in general while being trained by Atlas.
                Teddy wanted to protect Sasha. Teddy loved him. He gave up 250,000 to protect Sasha. Sasha wasn't ready for Wlad and Teddy knew it. Why will he give up 250,000 ?

He wanted to build Sasha the Michael Moore/Holyfield way

Man Teddy is a genius man I'm telling you.

To me? He's the 2nd greatest trainer ever behind Emmanuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
                  Teddy wanted to protect Sasha. Teddy loved him. He gave up 250,000 to protect Sasha. Sasha wasn't ready for Wlad and Teddy knew it. Why will he give up 250,000 ?

He wanted to build Sasha the Michael Moore/Holyfield way

Man Teddy is a genius man I'm telling you.

To me? He's the 2nd greatest trainer ever behind Emmanuel.
                  First of all, he is not a genius; he is a boxing trainer. Second of all, he didn't magically turn Grant's career around, so I don't know why he would anyone else's.

I don't think the blame for Povetkin's sluggish performance under his reign lies soley with him. Povetkin's laziness is largely to blame, and it is never good when there is a language barrier between coach and trainer. Nevertheless, when Povetkin fought Rahman, who, admittedly, is only marginally better than a journeyman these days, there were signs of rejuvination. If you watch some Povetkin's early fights you see a lot of promise, during Teddy's years he looked ordinary, and now he seems to have that spark back. This could be because Povetkin realised he squandered an opportunity under Atlas and has strengthened his resolve under his new trainer, but there could be other reasons.

Teddy is very knowledgable about boxing, but there needs to be compatibility between the personality of the trainer and that of the boxer. You can't just chuck any talented trainer at any fighter and see results. And when it all comes down to it, what the trainer does is marginal. The fighter either has it or he doesn't.

Comment

I don't like Atlas as a trainer, he's a disciplinarian but from what I listen to he isn't a tactician. He tends to rely on 'heart' and mental strength as a useful means of defense.

A good motivator if you are willing to listen but I think there are a multitude of more knowledgeable boxing trainers out there. Also Atlas is bat**** crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X