Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't stand the hate Bradley is getting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom line is Bradley is a top 5 P4P boxer in the entire world who has accomplished more than Ward has IMO, a guy that people on here are quick to label as P4P #1. Bradley would bust Berto up and almost anyone else you wnt to throw in there against him.........there was a reason that Pac didn't want to get revenge against him and it wasn't money.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Bottom line is Bradley is a top 5 P4P boxer in the entire world who has accomplished more than Ward has IMO, a guy that people on here are quick to label as P4P #1. Bradley would bust Berto up and almost anyone else you wnt to throw in there against him.........there was a reason that Pac didn't want to get revenge against him and it wasn't money.
      Can't argue with you. I had him #2 on my list prior to Ward-Dawson. Not sure where he goes now but no lower than #4.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Can't argue with you. I had him #2 on my list prior to Ward-Dawson. Not sure where he goes now but no lower than #4.
        This is how I see it..Although I do think Ward has accomplished more then Bradley at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          I don't hate Bradley, i just consider him irrelevant
          Similar to Hatton the last 3 years I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by tocayito1 View Post
            im a bradley fan and not a fain of pac at all but bradley has taken the easy road always. fighting guys like edner cherry and abregu and nate campbell and acting like hes something special. i never thought he was that good of a fighter but always liked the heart and fire he possesses. its unfortunate that hes receiving all the hate when it was bob arum that bought off the judges for the fight but hes getting it the same way pac has been getting it since the last marquez fight
            I have seen it all on this site now.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
              I have seen it all on this site now.

Comment

how come you ******s didn't petition rios, chavez etc to overturn fights they got a nod in,

Comment

it's pretty typical for the person who receives a bad decision to get some backlash. And that's true for all sports really, I see a lot of people hating on Golden Tate/Russell Wilson/Seattle Seahawks as if it was their fault the replacement refs made a bad call at the end of the game. Same goes for Bradley, wasn't his fault.

But I'd say more people just don't really care about him than hate him. He's not always that exciting to watch, his personality is cool and he's a real nice guy but sometimes that doesn't translate to being popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    This is how I see it..Although I do think Ward has accomplished more then Bradley at this point...
                    Bradley went to another country and fought on the champion's turf and took the belt back to America. He beat the 2 undefeated top contenders at his weight, moved up in weight and beat an undefeated power puncher, who to this day, remains otherwise undefeated. He gave the P4P #1 or 2 guy a run for his money in his first PPV headline event ever with 2 hurt ankles.

Ward beat a couple previously beaten guys in one division and some other lesser ranked guys that were thrown into a network tourney due to injuries and withdrawals. He beat a 175 pound guy at 168 and has rarely ever fought outside his hometown or comfort zone.

I think Bradley has taken the far riskier route to make a career for himself while Ward has been living the "easy life" with lots of things handed to him in an effort to create an African American superstar. This is fine but I personally admire Tim for his courage and determination. Khan is another guy that had things handed to him in a way and he just doesn't have the character to prevail. Martinez comes from the same mold as Bradley and he has found his way to the top as well.

Too many people "fans" buy into what networks tell them, which fighters are supposed to be good and supposed to be at the top. Once these underdog type characters make it, they receive hate because people feel they are lesser fighters because they don't know the name or the networks portray them as simply lucky............these guys scare people because they will upset the apple cart.

Marketing has far too great an influence on actual credibility now days, imo at least.
                    Last edited by mathed; 09-29-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Bradley went to another country and fought on the champion's turf and took the belt back to America. He beat the 2 undefeated top contenders at his weight, moved up in weight and beat an undefeated power puncher, who to this day, remains otherwise undefeated. He gave the P4P #1 or 2 guy a run for his money in his first PPV headline event ever with 2 hurt ankles.

Ward beat a couple previously beaten guys in one division and some other lesser ranked guys that were thrown into a network tourney due to injuries and withdrawals. He beat a 175 pound guy at 168 and has rarely ever fought outside his hometown or comfort zone.

I think Bradley has taken the far riskier route to make a career for himself while Ward has been living the "easy life" with lots of things handed to him in an effort to create an African American superstar. This is fine but I personally admire Tim for his courage and determination. Khan is another guy that had things handed to him in a way and he just doesn't have the character to prevail. Martinez comes from the same mold as Bradley and he has found his way to the top as well.

Too many people "fans" buy into what networks tell them, which fighters are supposed to be good and supposed to be at the top. Once these underdog type characters make it, they receive hate because people feel they are lesser fighters because they don't know the name or the networks portray them as simply lucky............these guys scare people because they will upset the apple cart.

Marketing has far too great an influence on actual credibility now days
                      , imo at least.
                      the bold is the type of ish I miss reading on here....well said man!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X