Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Fighter of the Year at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac and it isn't even close.

Hes the only fighter there to win 2 fights against 2 first ballot HOFers within 7 months. Hes also the only fighter to have fought and won against a top 5 p4p opponent.

Haters are making themselves look like dumbasses lmao

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMay08 View Post
      Darchinyan has no case. Something just wouldn't be right if you gave the award to Darchinyan but not Donaire. I know you gotta look at 2011 only, but the fact is every candidate on that list you can argue that they are the best in their division. Darchinyan isn't even close to being the best in his own division, let alone fighter of the year
      How long ago was that fight?

If we are gonna go that route then B-hop shouldn't be on there due to him losing to Calzaghe, or Martinez since he lost to Margarito.

If Darchinyan beats Moreno, combined with a win over Perez, then he has one of the best resume's at 118.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        *Floyd voice* Like I said before.....B-Hop had this ish in the bank, but that "fight" against Dawson really ruined it, no way does he get it.

Agree with Top Rank on Darchinyan, although I don't see him beating Moreno.
        like i said, nobody really deserves it. but on the other hand nobody has made the same kind of history that hopkins has. and he did it on pascal's turf on top of that.

it depends on the ruling in december as to whether or not the dawson fight becomes a NC or remains a TKO. if stays a TKO (i dont think it will) and darchinyan beats moreno, i think he should get it. if moreno beats darchinyan, then i lean more towards the winner of the super 6.

donaire's win against montiel is pretty solid but his loss to terrazas (who i've actually never heard of) takes a little of the luster off of it.

i also dont believe that the fighter of the year needs to be the best in the division. especially a stacked division like 118 where all the top guys are pretty much fighting each other. i personally think that darchinyan beating moreno and perez would trump what everyone else in that division did this year.

it's really anyone's game depending on what happens next month.

Comment

I voted for Kirkland. Love to see the train wreck over and over. Pow Pow pow. Technique..forgitabout.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

Adrien Broner anyone?

Destroyed Revish in a round.
              He beat Ponce & he blasted Litzau out in 1 round!

He's fighting again this month against the tough Argentinian Vince Rodriguez.

That or the winner of Darchinyan vs Moreno for me.

Comment

marquez or james kirkland

kirklands win over angulo and marquez win over pac was sick
                Last edited by SkyKng; 11-22-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

"Winner of Ward/Froch" is a BS choice.

JMM derailed the Pacqiauo express. How much bigger does it have to be?

Comment

bhop.. oldest champ ever and got tackled by dawson..

Comment

I got Donaire! He's really dominant this yr & I dont think he lost any rd this yr! Beating a top 10 P4p & an undefeated fighter.

Brandon Rios is running 2nd.

Ward is boring but might get it if he's impressive with Froch but I doubt it!

Comment

Working...
                      X