No announcement yet.

Could BHop disarm GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    He gets all the credit for doing something even Hopkins couldn't do, knocking out legit top ten MW and making it look easy.

Even Hopkins struggled against some comp he was facing and some of those guys weren't even top ten.

What were witnessing it truly special I can't think of the last time someone has just demolish legit champions and contenders like this.

**** is so unbelievable that fans are just giving him automatic wins over Canelo, Cotto, Quillin, Jacobs, and Lee and saying he should just move up.
    Why would i listen to you?? you thought Manny would beat Mayweather..all you see is power

Comment

Until he does ggg hasn't beaten any quality opponent .even at the age of bhop would probably b his next opp an aging light heavy and the media would build it up as a mega fight

Comment

In their primes I pick GGG by decision. Hopkins at the beginning will try to bide his time and look to land the lead right hand and the left hook to the body, which were his money punches. This strategy however will soon change when he sees how good GGG is at timing and cutting the distance in the ring.

Then Bhop will try to fight GGG in the inside and maul him with his great inside skills and his volume punching(he had that in his prime), but he will soon be met with GGG's power and a knockdown might occur.

From then on it will depend on Hopkins if he wants to win. He will have to take the risk of getting knocked out to land the amount of shots that he will need to win, because the safety first approach won't work against GGG.

I see GGG winning a 8-4 type of decision.

Comment

The hype surrounding Golovkin is approaching delusional, he is a good fighter but he hasn't even beaten a top class fighter yet.

Middleweight Hopkins is arguably the greatest MW of all time (Hagler, Robinson, Monzon are the only fighters than run him close). GGG good as he has looked (and he has looked very good) hasn't fought anyone even approaching a world class fighter, A prime Hopkins would smother him on the way to a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Jesus man are you serious??? GGG gets all this credit for what?
            He's beaten ATGs like Lemoose, Murray and Rosado. Truly a special fighter with those great wins.

Comment

Why would i listen to you?? you thought Manny would beat Mayweather..all you see is power
              And you thought Broner would beat Maidana.

That's kind of a silly comment. Everyone get picks wrong. But looking at both men reign at Middleweight, GGG is far more dominate, while Hopkins did struggle with a few journeymen.

Hopefully GGG can get his hands on Cotto(his De La Hoya) and Canelo (his Tito).

Comment

At any age Hopkins gets hurt bad. If he was aggressive he gets KO, if he runs he mite last the distance. People tend to overrate hopkins really. I give him all the credit in the world but his biggest win was an undersized Trinidad. People tend to think of hop as a destroyer but rather he was a distance fighter....hug, hold....ugly decision

Comment

Prime for Prime Hopkins takes him to church..GGG is to slow
                  Prime B-Hop doesn't just take him to church, he picks him up, takes him for ice cream, makes him go to bible study, helps him to do homework and tucks him into bed at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
                    At any age Hopkins gets hurt bad. If he was aggressive he gets KO, if he runs he mite last the distance. People tend to overrate hopkins really. I give him all the credit in the world but his biggest win was an undersized Trinidad. People tend to think of hop as a destroyer but rather he was a distance fighter....hug, hold....ugly decision
                    They're living in some false reality, If Hopkins is the greatest middlewwight ever than the bar isn't very high.

Defend your title 20 times and beat a former welterweight and Jr. Lightweight. Well GGG is already almost there.

But anyone with sense knows that's not true. The best middleweights ever in modern time were Hagler and Monzon.

Comment

10 years ago he'd have made him look like an amateur

now, no he's too old

Comment

Working...
                      X