Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lucas matthysse busted eye vs Vivian harris.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow....lol

Comment

• Some of the defensive posts in this thread were really dumb.

I remember readig this thread when OP first created it. People were so sure Garcia was gonna die in the ring against Matthysse smh. Sometimes I think their bias for certain promoters/networks/managers overtakes their common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        you should have seen harris' fist.

i'm f#cking hysterical.

i scrolled over this post and sarted to crack up. "dude is f#cking funny," i thought. found out it was me

good lord am i a great poster. good freaking lord. i balance boxing knowledge with goddamn high level humor. get to know me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Yep, he went into details and actually study Lucas and how his skin explode after being hit. Have to give green for that.
          True....he nailed it big time!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              Let me start this thread off by saying that Matthysse is a marvelous talent. the guy has gotten rid of his last 6 opponents and crushed lamont peterson (who gave khan all he could handle & came on strong vs bradley)

But i wanted to dig deeper into who he is as a fighter. because I've heard people say "Matthysse ko's pac" "Matthysse stops marquez" it seems so many people are putting him on that elite level already with marquez, pac, mayweather.

I know about those 3. i know what their capable of, i know how they take a punch, i know how their skin reacts to shots. under pressure i know how they react & who they are as fighters (especially marquez, who comes back & fights like a psychotic mad man under pressure) I know every & anything about those 3 in the ring because I've seen them in with a multitude of styles.

so I went back and really dug deep with lucas.........i have never really seen lucas hit because in many cases his power defuses his opponents from committing to their punches. in many cases you see guys tailing backwards and hitting lucas with grazing shots, slaps, & shots that don't have as much on it vs if they planted their feet. this is why i think maidana had huge success with lucas in the amateurs because maidana most of the time won't move. he'll stay right in front of you and bang........which brought me to the Vivian harris video (because i was looking to see how his skin reacted to big shots) vivian landed 3 good shots in that fight (hard shots while his feet were planted) and matthysse's right eye was almost shut in the 3rd round.

is matthysse a beast yes. But i don't think he's anywhere near to what people think.

i wouldn't be surprised if garcia caught him with something and put up a serious effort. one thing garcia does well is plant his feet and throw those beautifully timed cork screw punches.

right on the money

Comment

• Exactly! I can remember just putting up a "here's why I THINK Garcia will win" thread and getting laughed out of the forum... Or even a "what makes Lucas that much better?" And having people claim Lucas was better in every single aspect of the sport, even in area where Garcia clearly held an edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                  Exactly! I can remember just putting up a "here's why I THINK Garcia will win" thread and getting laughed out of the forum... Or even a "what makes Lucas that much better?" And having people claim Lucas was better in every single aspect of the sport, even in area where Garcia clearly held an edge.

i think a lot of the lucas love came from the fact that he wasn't a network / media darling when he was on the wya up. he was on the wrong end of the alexander decision, and the judah fight definitely could have gone his way.

lots of the little nsbers did behave embrassingly, but it's understandable that they'd gravitate toward an underdog in an era where manny pacquiao and floyd mayweather's status as media darling's ruined the biggest fightin the history of boxing.

full disclosure:
                  i picked matthysse to beat danny. lots of people did. so did las vegas. i had a chance to bet lucas when i saw the fight live at MGM, but i didn't like the odds. lucas was a 2 or 3 to 1 favorite, and i thought he fight was closer than that.

that was one of the best fights ive ever seen live. the whole arena gave a collective "are you freaking kidding me?" when danny put him down. and when you could see his eye swelling shut on the jumbotron the place started going buckwild.

Comment

• I said Garcia would beat Matthysse around the same time. But this guy had it spot on about the eye injuries. Even without those, Matthysse would have lost, he can't dog it out.

Comment

• His achilles heel is his eyeball

Eye know what you mean, Lucas

Comment

Working...
                      X