Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Oscar De La Hoya have the best name Losses of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Oscar De La Hoya have the best name Losses of all time?

Tito Trinidad
    Mosely
    Hopkins
    Mayweather
    Pacquiao

I mean damn look at those names, all ATG's.

If your gonna lose, you might aswell lose to some of the best Boxers to ever lace a pair of gloves up.

This is not a thread to hate on De La Hoya. Huge credit has to go to Oscar, he took on all challenges, that's for sure.

Im pretty sure there will be other fighters with big name losses on their career, but anyone with even more ATG's losses than Oscar? I might be forgetting some obvious ones, i haven't really given any thought to it, just off the top of my head.

Trinidad was a robbery and Hopkins was a dive, also feel that he beat Mosley. (Who was on PEDs for both)

But like you said, huge credit goes to Oscar in his boxing career. He had a great run.
    Last edited by Panginoon; 07-11-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Also i meant to say his only losses are of those to the mentioned ATG'S.

Theres probably other fighters that lost to many HOF's, but any others out there who only lost to ATG's?

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
        Trinidad was a robbery and Hopkins was a dive, also feel that he beat Mosley.

But like you said, huge credit goes to Oscar in his boxing career. He had a great run.
        not to mention mosely was on roids

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
          Trinidad was a robbery and Hopkins was a dive, also feel that he beat Mosley.

Lets not get into that mate, that will take the thread off topic. I know many also think he lost to Sturm but these debates have been done to death regarding Sturm, Tito, Mosley and Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            Also i meant to say his only losses are of those to the mentioned ATG'S.

Theres probably other fighters that lost to many HOF's, but any others out there who only lost to ATG's?
            JOe Frazier also only lost to ATGs: ali and foreman

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              Tito Trinidad
              Mosely
              Hopkins
              Mayweather
              Pacquiao

I mean damn look at those names, all ATG's.

If your gonna lose, you might aswell lose to some of the best Boxers to ever lace a pair of gloves up.

This is not a thread to hate on De La Hoya. Huge credit has to go to Oscar, he took on all challenges, that's for sure.

Im pretty sure there will be other fighters with big name losses on their career, but anyone with even more ATG's losses than Oscar? I might be forgetting some obvious ones, i haven't really given any thought to it, just off the top of my head.
              Oscar catches alot of flak around here, but it's nice to see that some folks remember that he actually was a great fighter.

There are definitely some mitigating circumstances connected to some of those losses as well.

I think he's been doin' some fuggin'-up on the business side, but I tuned in to every fight of his that I could when he was fightin'.

Comment

Trinidad and Mosley are not ATG's, they are HOF'ers though.

Bernard Hopkins losses:

Roy Jones Jr
                Jermain Taylor 2x
                Joe Calzaghe
                Chad Dawson

Comment

I loved Oscar's jab, it was sweet and to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Trinidad and Mosley are not ATG's, they are HOF'ers though.

Bernard Hopkins losses:

Roy Jones Jr
                    Jermain Taylor 2x
                    Joe Calzaghe
                    Chad Dawson
                    Trinidad IS an ATG. If you dont know that, I cant help you

Comment

Working...
                    X