Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Boring" fighters you enjoy watching? Or "exciting fighters you don't enjoy watching?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Boring" fighters you enjoy watching? Or "exciting fighters you don't enjoy watching?

I don't find Roy Jones or Mike Tyson particularly fun to watch as most others do, on the contrary I enjoy watching Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather who most would consider boring.

Any personal examples of this?

Love watching me some Monzon who most seem to find boring.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Love watching me some Monzon who most seem to find boring.
      I agree. I think his style is poetry, brutal and cruel poetry. The thing that strikes me is they way on film he looks slow but continues to tag very slick fighters everytime he throws his punches. Very rhythmic fighter as well. Once he was done feeling you out for a few rounds that was him in his groove and you're done for.

Comment

Harold Johnson was considered to be a boring fighter with no power in his day.

Carlos Monzon as pointed out is considered boring.

Floyd Mayweather, the same.

3 of my 5 favourite fighters.

On the flipside Dick Tiger is never considered boring and neither is Arguello.

I genuinely prefer watching "Boring" fighters. Boxers, who prefer to out-think there opponent with a good jab and good defense and timing. That's usually the kind of fighter I'm into.

I love me some brawling aswell and toe to toe action but it's not my first preferance.

I find Manny Pacquaio's style and fights to be pretty boring a lot of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Harold Johnson was considered to be a boring fighter with no power in his day.

Carlos Monzon as pointed out is considered boring.

Floyd Mayweather, the same.

3 of my 5 favourite fighters.

On the flipside Dick Tiger is never considered boring and neither is Arguello.

I genuinely prefer watching "Boring" fighters. Boxers, who prefer to out-think there opponent with a good jab and good defense and timing. That's usually the kind of fighter I'm into.

I love me some brawling aswell and toe to toe action but it's not my first preferance.

I find Manny Pacquaio's style and fights to be pretty boring a lot of the time.
          I had to watch Pacquiao vs ODLH twice as I could only remember a third of what happened 10 minutes later.

I think it's just the people the history section attracts to a certain extent. The boxing purists!

I do enjoy watching Arguello though and Dick Tiger sometimes is a bit too methodical. Just for the most part consistent pressure of the same intensity and gameplan just cleverly grinding down an opponent. Not a fighter I particularly enjoy but not one I would avoid watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            I had to watch Pacquiao vs ODLH twice as I could only remember a third of what happened 10 minutes later.

I think it's just the people the history section attracts to a certain extent. The boxing purists!

I do enjoy watching Arguello though and Dick Tiger sometimes is a bit too methodical. Just for the most part consistent pressure of the same intensity and gameplan just cleverly grinding down an opponent. Not a fighter I particularly enjoy but not one I would avoid watching.
            I'm not sure I think he can box off the back foot pretty good too. He's very versatile.

I do love a fighter who comes forward and with a great inside game with skills though. That's probably my second favourite style.

Comment

I'm not sure I think he can box off the back foot pretty good too. He's very versatile.

I do love a fighter who comes forward and with a great inside game with skills though. That's probably my second favourite style.
              I've only watched a few of his fights but he looked better when pressuring in the particular videos I viewed.

I agree, Roberto Duran, MAB, Joe Frazier. Can watch it all day. However, Hagler might be my favourite fighter to watch ever. Amazing Boxer, great at applying pressure, very versatile, rock solid and under-rated power. Some of his knockouts are great, particularly Fully Obel II and Willie Monroe III.

I enjoy fighters who blend boxing and brawling as well. Erik Morales type guys who box first but brawl inbetween, makes great viewing.

Comment

I think the more hardcore a fan of boxing you become, the more you end up enjoying the "boring" fighters, because they do all the small technical things that only hardcore fans appreciate.

Whitaker is considered boring now, and I don't get that at all. He's one of my favorite fighters to go back and watch. It's very exciting to watch how he would twist his body sometimes.

Comment

I like boxers. Sure the mma fans that hang out around here dont like them but f@ck em.

Comment

Nothing better for me, and at this rate it will be gone in the next decade, which sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X