No announcement yet.

Bradley/Provodnikov Fight Report with over 130 Press/Fan Scores

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley/Provodnikov Fight Report with over 130 Press/Fan Scores

I was a busy guy collecting all these scores yesterday as it was a close one. I think you will see with my stats that Bradley was the deserved winner but you will see quite a difference with how the fans and press scores the fight.

the link to my Fightscorecollector site is...... http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

Total Scores - 131 Total , Bradley Scores 78 , Provodnikov scores 29 , Draw scores 24

Press Scores - 52 Total , Bradley scores 35 , Provodnikov scores 7 , Draw scores 10

Fan Scores - 81 Total , Bradley scores 43 , Provodnikov scores 22 , Draw scores 14

cheers for any comments

From a pure boxing scoring perspective, I had it Bradley due to his huge activity advantage. But from a common sense perspective, I had it Provodnikov.

I mean f**k, think about it. The whole point in a fight (and I mean in the truest sense of the word) is too hurt the other dude more. Who got hurt more in this fight?

Lmfao, Bradley nearly got decapitated. He's going to have nightmares for the rest of his life about that Russian mofo

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      From a pure boxing scoring perspective, I had it Bradley due to his huge activity advantage. But from a common sense perspective, I had it Provodnikov.

I mean f**k, think about it. The whole point in a fight (and I mean in the truest sense of the word) is too hurt the other dude more. Who got hurt more in this fight?

Lmfao, Bradley nearly got decapitated. He's going to have nightmares for the rest of his life about that Russian mofo
      That's why it's scored by rounds, so the guy who actually won the majority of the fight doesn't get his work overshadowed by the more dramatic moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

lol I can imagine him having strange nightmares about the russian and Roach and Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          lol I can imagine him having strange nightmares about the russian and Roach and Pacquiao

Comment

Bradley by a landslide. Good stuff.

Comment

My guess is no one scored the KDs for Provodnikov cause the ref never called them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                That's why it's scored by rounds, so the guy who actually won the majority of the fight doesn't get his work overshadowed by the more dramatic moments.
                Bradley won the majority of the fight as far as the rounds/minutes he won.

But, the rounds that Ruslan won, less than 6, he had done more damage than Bradley did over the course of the fight.

I always hear people say "who I would rather be in that round/fight." well to me Ruslan did more damage, but it was NOT for the majority of rounds.

To me that's one of the downfalls of the scoring system. You can beat the hell out of a guy for five rounds, and get barely outboxed in the remaining seven rounds (assuming no 10-8 rounds), and lose the fight, even though it may appear that clearly, you did the more overall damage. (That's not my analysis of this fight, just making an example.)

Comment

I had it Bradley by 1 point scoring round 1 10-8....He really shutdown Provodnikov 3-11...

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                    Bradley won the majority of the fight as far as the rounds/minutes he won.

But, the rounds that Ruslan won, less than 6, he had done more damage than Bradley did over the course of the fight.

I always hear people say "who I would rather be in that round/fight." well to me Ruslan did more damage, but it was NOT for the majority of rounds.

To me that's one of the downfalls of the scoring system. You can beat the hell out of a guy for five rounds, and get barely outboxed in the remaining seven rounds (assuming no 10-8 rounds), and lose the fight, even though it may appear that clearly, you did the more overall damage. (That's not my analysis of this fight, just making an example.)

thats where i like to see a liberal scorecard.

bradley was out on his feet on numerous occasions. i don't see why judges aren't more liberal with their use of a 10 - 8 round.

a flash knockdown should not count for more than a comprehensive beating for several minutes, that leads to a fighter being out on his feet.

you could easily score the first and second rounds 10-8 in that fight. bradley wasn't ruled to be down officially in the first, but he went back down after regaining his feet. that was the effect of ruslan's punches that effected his balance. that's a knockdown. the ref has to call that. if he misses it, a judge should be allowed to make the correct judgement on his card.

in the second round bradley was all but unconscious, and kept up by the ropes again in the final 20 seconds. its a less clear cut 10-8, IMO, but it could easily be scored that way, given that bradley was so badly hurt at the end of the round, and then kept up by the ropes.

amazing fight. the people in the arena who were booing are animals.

Comment

Working...
                    X