Collapse
No announcement yet.

I rather see Mayweather/Alexander than Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon Alexander is a legitimate welterweight opponent. Robert Guerrero denied Floyd's offer and even tried to use his mandatory status to get a bigger cut. Robert Guerrero is a dirty fighter who will lose his belt his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gho3sted View Post
      Devon Alexander is a legitimate welterweight opponent. Robert Guerrero denied Floyd's offer and even tried to use his mandatory status to get a bigger cut. Robert Guerrero is a dirty fighter who will lose his belt his next fight.
      did he really? source? what an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gho3sted View Post
        Devon Alexander is a legitimate welterweight opponent.
        Not only that, but he's a titleist! He is more deserving of the shot period. And he'll give a better effort than The Ghost would in my personal opinion.
        Last edited by IIG; 02-06-2013, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
          Alexander is a better fight for Mayweather than Guerrero. Guerrero is an easy target and will get tagged at will vs. Mayweather.

On the other hand Alexander is a more defensive fighter, a lot more slick. When was the last time Mayweather fought a slick fighter? I believe Alexander has the tools to beat Mayweather at his own game. The fight is for real boxing fans that study the sport and love the sweet science.

Two technicians going at it. Definitely worth recording and watching multiple times for that pure adrenaline of science. It's like a great chess game, every move counts, first to make a mistake pays. Great Cinco De Mayo fight for the whole family.

Who's with me?
          Didn't realise punching and then grabbing and holding was slick.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
            Guerrero would get manhandled by Floyd. He came out on the right side of a battle to beat Aydin, a boxer Jesus Soto Karass of all people just dominated. Then he got frustrated early by Berto's poor Floyd impersonation, and went full on dirty to win a war against a blind man.

I don't see how a unification fight with the bigger and more naturally gifted Alexander is such a problem. They both get beat by Floyd, but Alexander is definitely the more difficult fight for him. Guerrero was going to end up looking silly.
            Aydin, with his new trainer, fought a totally different style of fight than any of his previous fights...for him, he ran. The matchmaker of that fight happened to be interviewed earlier tonight saying he thought it was going to be a guaranteed war and so did many others - I don't really think the fights are comparable in this case.

Devon is a good fighter and cool resume, has experience and has enough to hang, just like Robert would. All I can say is just think about the circumstances in which this fight is being made...Devon literally pulled out of a fight yesterday with an injury...so not only is Floyd fighting someone he is getting backlash for, he also would be coming off an injury...and a poor performance against Bailey.

Also, at what point... in the first round...in the first minute...before the first knockdown, was Ghost getting frustrated with Berto's impersonation?

His length shot right through that, Devon is not bigger he is only more muscular. He has short arms and is known for falling drastically short on many of his combination unless you fall into him...at WW, Floyd depends on being more wirey than others, it's an underrated attribute of his and Ghost has the length to make it interesting even from the outside, in a technical fight. I'm sure I'll watch either way and I try to stay as an eternal boxing optimist but this one is a low blow.
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-06-2013, 04:00 AM.

Comment

There are so many other cre.....

*Looks at username*

...Oh.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                Not only that, but he's a titleist! He is more deserving of the shot period. And he'll give a better effort than The Ghost would in my personal opinion.
                Weren't you proud of yourself for having missed Pac JMM 4, and promised not to buy the 5th? This is what you're saving your money for?

Comment

It's a solid fight guys. Master technicians at work, it will be fireworks

Comment

Working...
                  X