Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather/Marquez Really Worth $49.95?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mayweather/Marquez Really Worth $49.95?

By Chris Williams: I just checked with my cable outlet and found out that they want $49.95 for viewers to purchase the pay-per-view card between Floyd Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Marquez this Saturday night on September 19th. I’m really debating whether or not the fight is worth buying for that kind of cash. Really, it comes down to whether I want to pay the cash for the Mayweather-Marquez fight, because I could care less about seeing the worthless undercard fights.

The Mayweather vs. Marquez bout is interesting somewhat, but I have a bad feeling about this fight. Mayweather is bigger than Marquez and a lot faster. The size and speed advantage alone is problem enough, but when you factor in that Mayweather generally is a defensive safety first type fighter who absolutely abhors being hit in the face, you can extrapolate from there that Mayweather will probably hit and run all night long and frustrate the heck out of me.

Yes, I know, I’m supposed to love the way that Mayweather fights because he’s such an artist. He’s practicing boxing in it’s finest form by hitting and not getting hit in return. This is the mantra that Mayweather fans like to say when you tell them that he’s boring. I’m sorry, but I don’t like to see fighters that run and avoid getting hit.

I also don’t like spinach, even though I know it’s probably good for me. Watching Mayweather fight is like sitting down and eating a full course of spinach and then eating a plate of nasty liver for desert. Mayweather can take his boxing and shove it for all I care. I don’t like to see pot shot artists, especially when I have to pay $49.95 to see them. All that shoulder roll and peek a-boo garbage is puts me to sleep every time.

According to rumor, Mayweather is supposed to come out looking more offensively inclined in this fight. I bet. Once Mayweather starts getting hit, he’ll revert back to what he’s always been – a runner. For the life of me, I don’t see how Mayweather has become a pay-per-view star. It’s torture for boxing fans like me to have to shell out big cash to watch him fight some shrimp two to three divisions smaller than him. Of course Mayweather is going to win. Why wouldn’t he?

Put Vitali Klitschko in with a light heavyweight like Roy Jones Jr. and tell me who’s going to win. When you pick a small guy to fight, you’re probably going to win. How come Mayweather doesn’t fight someone like Shane Mosley or Miguel Cotto. It’s always the shrimps he ends up fighting, and I have to pay for it.

I already seen Chris John fight Rocky Juarez in February and was not happy with the 12 round draw between them. John won the fight, but the fight was still scored a draw. The fight took place in Houston, Texas, the home city for Juarez. Still, the fight wasn’t all that interesting because it was so one-sided. Juarez looked horrible and I can’t see him improving since then. I certainly don’t want to see a rematch between them because there’s no suspense. John dominated Juarez last time and will do it again.

I could really care less to watch Michael Katsidis fight Vicente Escobedo in lightweight action. Escobedo may be a prospect/contender, but I don’t see him as a future champion and he always get the tar kicked out of him it seems every time he fights. I wouldn’t mind seeing him on free television, but not on pay-per-view. Already seen Katsidis fight, and for me, he looks shot.

He’s look steadily worse in the past year, losing to Joel Casamayor and Juan Diaz, and looking like garbage against Angel Hugo Ramirez and Jesus Chavez. Katsidis is another fighter I wouldn’t mind seeing on free television but no pay-per-view. I don’t see him as a future champion. Maybe if he dropped weight to the featherweight division, he might not beaten up bad.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Can't say wether its worth it or not till after tbh, Hatton/Pac while amazing (in outcome) wasn't even worth 15$ let alone 50$.. If i get a good fight from the main event im happy, the other fights im not so fussed if Judah was fighting Hatton on it i would be tho.

49$ is not worth if it if your in it for the main even only tho imo unless you got some spare cash

Comment

59.95 in HD

Comment

then go to a bar or movie theater to watch it, numbskulls...

when people buy PPVs they generally bring a bunch of friends over to watch it and chip in, so that its only like 10 bucks a person or less.

this is a great card, if thats what youre asking

Comment

Yes more so because of the under card.

Comment

Of course it is, it's a great card.

Comment

It's for sure worth 12.50 (theater price)

I think it's worth the whole 50 too. The undercard is great. John vs Juarez was a good fight the first time and Katsidis vs Escebedo should be a shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano. View Post
                Yes more so because of the under card.
                please brah, just stop lying to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  then go to a bar or movie theater to watch it, numbskulls...

when people buy PPVs they generally bring a bunch of friends over to watch it and chip in, so that its only like 10 bucks a person or less.

this is a great card, if thats what youre asking
                  That is the plan, problem solved....unless your a kid which most of the poster are.

Comment

Great Card! Can't wait

Comment

Working...
                    X