No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley, Schaefer Confirm Mundine Fight is Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley, Schaefer Confirm Mundine Fight is Off

LOS ANGELES - Scheduled to face Anthony Mundine at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in Australia on October 23, boxing superstar Sugar Shane Mosley will instead be going home after a breach of contract by the event's co-promoter, Millennium Events, prompting his withdrawal from the fight.

"I'm very disappointed with this turn of events because I was planning on making a big statement by beating Mundine, but I was left with no choice but to withdraw," said Shane Mosley. "The fans in Australia have welcomed me with open arms, and I hope to return to fight for them one day in better circumstances."
    [Click Here To Read More]

SHANE vs PAULIE/JUDAH winner ??? , sounds fair to me

Comment

Mosley never done anything like this before so this must be some really shady aussies that we should blame for this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        Mosley never done anything like this before so this must be some really shady aussies that we should blame for this mess.
        Unfortunately things are run very shady here in Oz...with Green supposedly using illegal wraps against Roy Jones (as if he needed them anyways at that point of RJ career and while Roy protested and even delayed the fight,the ref said he would dq Roy if he did not come out), Green's gloves in the Tarver fight (rumours of knuckles being under-padded), the supposed failed drug tests of Botha from the aussie manager, pay offs from Green for his opponents to lose even more weight AFTER the agreed contractual weight,etc...

I doubt any of this is on Mundine's side as he would have wanted to get Mosely's name (even though Shane is more shot than him) on his resume. I won't be surprised if Mundine tries to publically accuse Shane of now ducking him. Aussie boxing is bullsht to begin with, and this once again proves why.

Comment

So Shane stayed a week in Australia and left with 300k without fighting? Life is goood

Comment

Good! Please retire Shane. You were a great fighter as a young man and at your natural weight, but carrying on isn't necessary. Jin couldn't have taken all of your money. Call it a day champ.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              Unfortunately things are run very shady here in Oz...with Green supposedly using illegal wraps against Roy Jones (as if he needed them anyways at that point of RJ career and while Roy protested and even delayed the fight,the ref said he would dq Roy if he did not come out), Green's gloves in the Tarver fight (rumours of knuckles being under-padded), the supposed failed drug tests of Botha from the aussie manager, pay offs from Green for his opponents to lose even more weight AFTER the agreed contractual weight,etc...

I doubt any of this is on Mundine's side as he would have wanted to get Mosely's name (even though Shane is more shot than him) on his resume. I won't be surprised if Mundine tries to publically accuse Shane of now ducking him. Aussie boxing is bullsht to begin with, and this once again proves why.
              Damn that sucks to hear. I've got family in Oz and love the couple of places I've been to. Never figured Aussie sportsmen for being shady.

Comment

Smart move Team Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post

Mate, do you have any links or further info about the Green Jones Jr bout & it's shenanigans? I'd love to read up on the gloves part further. If you don't want to put it on here please feel free to inbox me. I won't share it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw35 View Post
                    SHANE vs PAULIE/JUDAH winner ??? , sounds fair to me
                    I wouldn't mind that, actually. As long as world titles aren't involved, let the has-beens fight it out amongst themselves for the scraps.

... then Khan gets the winner, propelling him to further levels of greatness and maybe even the Mayweather fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X