Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the no.1 most dominant boxer in the world? (legitimate list added)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
    It's between Wlad and GGG honestly, I can't see anyone as dominant as these two. I know Floyd may be in with a shout but I have long held the belief that physical dominance over a foe should hold some water and Floyd is rarely physically dominant. Yes he is great at getting a points win but how often has he made fighters looks as helpless as Geale, Stevens, Macklin or Wlad's almost entire list of wins since being crowned champion. Yes Wlad could be more dominant if he was a more aggressive fighter but he isn't, yet he still manages to get stoppages and most of them follow a brutal beat down.
    Dominance should really be how far infront of their competitor's they are, not so much the method of their victories, but i get that the latter may be a factor. That said, it's obvious that Floyd is a lot closer to his competition (Maidana, for one) than Wlad, Rigo or GGG seemingly are.

In Wlad's, Rigo's and GGG's next fight, we will see dominance. Floyd wont dominant Maidana, and instead he might even lose.

Comment

Originally posted by brian___ View Post
      Dominant based on weakness of division?
      Just the basic meaning of dominance - how far ahead the dominant fighter is from his competition.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Andre who? I know this one dude named Andre something who fought back in 2010, but haven't seen much of him since.

fought in late 2013. he dominated an undefeated young up and comer. the word in all fo the new england gyms is that froch gave rodriguez the f#cking business in sparring. froch is on the record showing his appreciation for the good work, and if you ask rodriguez about it he just smiles and points to his massive fist.

euros don't actually watch ward fights, because it brings back the pain.

Comment

Fans will say one is dominant and the others that his competition is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
            Fans will say one is dominant and the others that his competition is weak.
            Like with everything in life, we can outline and discard the folks with agenda's. The fair majority view will still rise to the top.

Comment

definitely wlad.

Comment

IMO, its Ward. He beat the #2 guy (Froch) and the #3 guy (Kessler) convincingly. Maybe Wlad too, he's been there for years

Comment

It's wlad, then rigo... Wlad gets the edge due to longevity

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    fought in late 2013. he dominated an undefeated young up and comer. the word in all fo the new england gyms is that froch gave rodriguez the f#cking business in sparring. froch is on the record showing his appreciation for the good work, and if you ask rodriguez about it he just smiles and points to his massive fist.

euros don't actually watch ward fights, because it brings back the pain.
                    Is it almost a year ago already? Jesus it feels like yesterday the pain from that fight is still so strong.

Way to go in bigging up Rodriguez by the way. Taken a leaf out of the "Klitschko School Nuthuggertry" with the whole 'undefeated, young up and comer' - could have sworn i've heard Tunney use that exact discription of Francesco Pianeta

Comment

Working...
                    X