No announcement yet.

Call me crazy but I'm still not sold on Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    I like Danny and respect what he's been able to do in the ring, but I'm still not sold on him. Truthfully I don't know how he keeps winning. He has a leaky defense. No footwork despite his nickname of "swift". So-so speed. And he stands right there in front of you to be hit. He's a counter puncher who has had success by swinging with his opponent. He's willing to take one in order to give one and so far he's been able to give it better than his opponents. What I will give him credit for is a strong chin, heart, and the fact that he stays focused throughout the fight. He's not easily discouraged.

He almost reminds me of Tito Trinidad where if you're able to avoid his hook and box him, then you can easily beat him. A boxer like Floyd would have a field day with him. His win over Lucas was a great win as Danny proved almost everyone wrong including myself.
    That's because you don't know sh... about boxing. If you would study the fight, you would Garcia using plenty of footwork. In the boxing world we call them drills. I think, if you can't say something smart, then keep your amateur a.. quiet. Ok

Comment

I kept doubting Garcia as I did with Bradley up until their respective last fights. Now take Mayweather away from the equation and I think they are the two best fighters between 140-147 (need to see how Pacquiao looks against Rios).

I would really like to see Garcia face Bradley now. Would be a real tough fight to pick a winner in but I'm slightly edging towards Bradley.

Comment

He showed good footwork and boxing ability against Lucas, ability I didn't think he had. He's a well-rounded, tough fighter with exceptional timing and solid counter punching ability.

Honestly, I'm not sure who he could beat that would sell you on him. He's beaten everyone that should have.

Comment

overhandrite71

I hate when you get these so called boxing fans making assessments about fights. The only they see is punches being thrown. They don't nothing about fighters. Danny Garcia put on a masterful performance. Matthysse is no slouch, he is a beast. Danny is just a better fighter. That dude that said Danny has no footwork. What fight was he watching. I saw Danny perform drill all fight, had matthysse in a situation he's never been in. Shout out to Danny swift for giving matthysse a lesson in boxing. The guy that said he isn't sold on Danny. So what, you don't know sh... about boxing anyway.

Comment

Mayweather having a field day with him does not mean he isn't legit. He's legit, people are just making up excuses. He beat the one guy everyone thought was going to knock him out cold, he did what Alexander and Judah couldn't and hurt Lucas.

Honestly I would love him to fight Bradley or even Pacquiao. I think he brutalizes Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
              Mayweather having a field day with him does not mean he isn't legit. He's legit, people are just making up excuses. He beat the one guy everyone thought was going to knock him out cold, he did what Alexander and Judah couldn't and hurt Lucas.

Honestly I would love him to fight Bradley or even Pacquiao. I think he brutalizes Rios.
              Here's what we can say: we've seen Bradley near brutalized. We've seen Pacquiao near dead. We've never seen Rios brutalized and we've never seen Garcia brutalize anybody other than Khan, maybe - the term "brutalized" can be argued there. He would not brutalize Rios. It would be a good fight however where he would ultimately succumb to too much pressure and get stopped late.

Comment

I'm sold on Garcia big time. One of my favourite American fighters at this moment in time.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  He showed good footwork and boxing ability against Lucas, ability I didn't think he had. He's a well-rounded, tough fighter with exceptional timing and solid counter punching ability.

Honestly, I'm not sure who he could beat that would sell you on him. He's beaten everyone that should have.
                  I would like to see him take on Bradley.

Comment

Very good fighter, appears to look fairly beatable but keeps winning. He's exciting to watch too, so whilst he may not be a world champion or unbeaten for long, I'm just gonna enjoy watching him do his thing.

Comment

Ok, you're crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X