No announcement yet.

Call me crazy but I'm still not sold on Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me crazy but I'm still not sold on Danny Garcia

I like Danny and respect what he's been able to do in the ring, but I'm still not sold on him. Truthfully I don't know how he keeps winning. He has a leaky defense. No footwork despite his nickname of "swift". So-so speed. And he stands right there in front of you to be hit. He's a counter puncher who has had success by swinging with his opponent. He's willing to take one in order to give one and so far he's been able to give it better than his opponents. What I will give him credit for is a strong chin, heart, and the fact that he stays focused throughout the fight. He's not easily discouraged.

He almost reminds me of Tito Trinidad where if you're able to avoid his hook and box him, then you can easily beat him. A boxer like Floyd would have a field day with him. His win over Lucas was a great win as Danny proved almost everyone wrong including myself.

SMH quit hating...Jsfd26 will love this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      I like Danny and respect what he's been able to do in the ring, but I'm still not sold on him. Truthfully I don't know how he keeps winning. He has a leaky defense. No footwork despite his nickname of "swift". So-so speed. And he stands right there in front of you to be hit. He's a counter puncher who has had success by swinging with his opponent. He's willing to take one in order to give one and so far he's been able to give it better than his opponents. What I will give him credit for is a strong chin, heart, and the fact that he stays focused throughout the fight. He's not easily discouraged.

He almost reminds me of Tito Trinidad where if you're able to avoid his hook and box him, then you can easily beat him. A boxer like Floyd would have a field day with him. His win over Lucas was a great win as Danny proved almost everyone wrong including myself.
      So honestly, who he has to beat so you can be sold on him?

I don't think he has the potential to be a top p4p fighter but he is very solid and is still improving.

He does look beatable and hasn't been dominant in his fights so I can see somewhat some ppl point of view.

Comment

nah garcia's dope. i was rooting for mathysse, but garcia put on a great performance. he didn't run, he boxed, but he exchanged and threw hard combinations. i respect that. he could've been on the back foot all night, but he showed up to give the fans a show.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItImpartial View Post
          SMH quit hating...Jsfd26 will love this thread.
          Not hating at all. I actually like Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post

Stopped reading after you said no footwork smh.

Comment

Esta loco El guey

Comment

Some of u guys just have too much time to think and make a thread like this. Your still not sold on Danny but what u describe of him is the exact same as PAC lmao!!

Comment

He has beat everybody in his division. What else does he have to do? People keep saying he wins but he sucks. That **** makes no sense to me at all. If you win you are good, PERIOD. That is basically all Danny has been doing is winning.

Comment

I remember when NSB got sucked into the Khan hype

I'm not getting sucked into the Garcia hype. He's good, i'll give him that and better then I expected, but im still far from convinced. Thats all

Comment

Working...
                    X