Dibella: "Martin Murray is the desired opponent" [for Martinez]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dibella: "Martin Murray is the desired opponent" [for Martinez]

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ing-next-fight

"Martin Murray is the desired opponent, as long as he wins his upcoming fight," Lou DiBella, Martinez's promoter, told ESPN. "There's a huge competitive thing between Argentina and the Brits."

Also under consideration, Lewkowicz said, are Jose Miguel Torres (26-5, 23 KOs) of Colombia, former European champion Kerry Hope (17-4, 1 KO) of Wales, and Italy's Domenico Spada (36-4, 18 KOs).
    Goddammit. Looks like a typical homecoming soft touch. I hope Murray loses his next fight because there's no way HBO will approve the other guys. If Trout beats Cotto, that would make more sense.

What a joke of a fight this would be.

Comment

He brings everything to the table..... right?

Comment

Martinez is off my P4P top 10 list

Comment

[B] "Who would give a flying ****, and why are you even asking? Who knows Gennady Golovkin other than you, me and a few other people? How many people would he bring to the table? How much money would he generate? ... He is a very good fighter, but it's a fight that economically makes no sense"
          After DiBella just said this?

Thats a slap in the face to every boxing fan.

Comment

Comment

Hahaha what did you expect from Martinez? For him to actually fight Golovkin?

LOLOL. . . People's champion! Hahahahahahahaha. . . Guy gets his **** pushed in by Margarito. . . Gets his ass splattered across the canvas by a 7 year green rookie in Chavez Jr. . . Gets outboxed for 5-6 rounds by Macklin, 4-5 rounds by Barker, and Pavlik. . . Draws Cintron. . Goes 1-1 with Williams. . . LOLOLOL. Now fights Martin Murray.

Comment

I remember Lewkowicz said HBO was going to pay half as much for a fight in Argentina so I'm thinking the reasoning is that it's not worth taking a risky fight for lower pay.

Comment

guy is coming off injury he gets a pass for it

Comment

I have no real issue with Martinez getting a soft touch, he isn't coming off a real tough fight but it was his biggest ever win so him cashing in a bit is nbd.

It does make Dibella look like a complete jackass, but he is pretty much a complete jackass so it is unsurprising.

Comment

Working...
                    X