Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Kell BROOK: Turning Down A Title Shot Is A B!tch Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Gino Ros;12554464]There are really only two big fights for him that put him into the kind of money that matters. Manny or Floyd.

The only money that really matters is whats enough to secure you and your familys future thats whats truly important he can get that without manny and floyd ok manny and floyd brings a higher check but he will make what really matters before he even faces them.im a modest person 15 or 20mil would be great but 2 or 3mil graet also and it secures my future.

Comment

Man, get off Kell's back. Why does he have to accept a Bradley offer, eh? Matchroom have a structure in place that'll lead him to a world title shot.

People are so over-eager for fighters to jump into title fights. Let them develop god damn it.

Brook will be ready in 2013. Hopefully, in the heavies, D. Price will be, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

Now, I'm not someone who plays the "this guy is scared of that guy" game. I feel that boxers IN GENERAL are full-hearted guys, and it takes balls to strip down to your shorts and fight another man in an arena with tons of people watching.

That being said, Kell Brook just b!tched up somewhat. You have an opportunity to fight FOR A BELT against a beatable guy with a pretty big name...and you pass that up?

Tim Bradley should scare nobody.

WTH?

Why would you turn down a sure-fire title shot to get a shot at a mandatory?

I detest Vanes Kardashian, but at least he is right in trying to go right for the belt instead of playing the "mandatory" games.
        He turned it down because he and his team know that he is not as good as they claim. If they think he is one of the best fighters in the division, he should be fighting the best. Instead, he is going to fight a C-class stiff in hopes that he will get a huge payday against Ricky Hatton next year. Hatton, in turn, will likely opt to fight for a championship belt against Bradley next year instead of fighting this guy, who is afraid to fight quality fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Man, get off Kell's back. Why does he have to accept a Bradley offer, eh? Matchroom have a structure in place that'll lead him to a world title shot.

People are so over-eager for fighters to jump into title fights. Let them develop god damn it.

Brook will be ready in 2013. Hopefully, in the heavies, D. Price will be, too.
          You are saying that WE are over-eager, yet it was KELL BROOK saying that he was ready for the Mayweathers of the world.

Fans weren't saying it... KELL was saying it.

So, we are merely asking him to live up to his own words.

And oh, Kell is 26 years old, an 8 year pro, and has 28 professional fights.

Devon Alexander - 25
          Victor Ortiz - 25
          Amir Khan - 25

Comment

waiting around for the right champ to emerge so you can cherry pick an easy belt is just lame. brook was trying to get a fight with senchenko before this. sad little man with no confidence.

Comment

According to Big Dan, it was $500K.

"Also, Top Rank's offer of about $500,000 was nothing spectacular"
              WTF?! LHW champ Dawson got 600k to drop 7lbs and fight in Ward's hometown

Comment

I think him and his team are doing the right thing, I would not necessarily say that he is waiting for a weak champion, but there is no reason to throw youreself in against an elite type of guy straight away.

This fight will be bigger in the future anyway, it will be better financially for both guys if Kell wins a belt and then they fight. Bradley is no joke, and I'm sure if they were to fight right now Kell would not do too well. Boxing is about levels and I would say Kell has only just stepped up to the fringes of world level, Bradley has beaten very good fighters and whether you think he won or lost convincingly against pacquiao...he competed at that level.

Comment

I like Kell but he deserves to be criticized just like anybody else who turns down Title Shots or potential big match ups just to protect their undefeated record

Comment

Now, I'm not someone who plays the "this guy is scared of that guy" game. I feel that boxers IN GENERAL are full-hearted guys, and it takes balls to strip down to your shorts and fight another man in an arena with tons of people watching.

That being said, Kell Brook just b!tched up somewhat. You have an opportunity to fight FOR A BELT against a beatable guy with a pretty big name...and you pass that up?

Tim Bradley should scare nobody.

WTH?

Why would you turn down a sure-fire title shot to get a shot at a mandatory?

I detest Vanes Kardashian, but at least he is right in trying to go right for the belt instead of playing the "mandatory" games.

Its not a b!tch move its a get rich move.He does`nt want to risk losing out on a big fight with Hatton which would be huge in England.Bradley`s only fans are his wife and kids so the money he would make from that would go to tipping a waiter.

Besides the belts is not going anywhere he could always fight for a belt later.

Comment

Originally posted by FightFit View Post
                      If i was kell brook and i beat saldivia id be talking to matchrooms eddie hearn saying put alexander on hold if we can because and im dead serious fighting ricky hatton in englands wembley stadiums 70000! odd sellout guarenteed crowd then amir kahn 5 to 6 months later in the same venue would make him more money than saldivia alexander title fight and bradley title fight put together this kell brook is in an amazingly strong financial position for a british boxer in these hard financial times fighters go threw a career and would be lucky to make what this guy could in 2 fights in england! im not joking those 3 fighters in england pull serious crowds now there all active well known and at same weights if kahn moves up that is.
                      I completely agree. Everyone is mentioning Khan Vs Hatton, what about Brook Vs Hatton. I would fight saldivia then pursue Khan. Brook would KO khan and then fight hatton. I would buy tickets to either of them fights, Khan vs Hatton included. If khan moves up and improves, hatton comes through his first few fights and brook keeps winning we could have three of the best welterweights in the world, barring pac and may.

Comment

Working...
                      X