Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Golovkin be able to hurt and/or stop LaMotta?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely.

Golovkin stops any fighter from 154-168 in the history of boxing. From past ATGs', to present fighters. IMHO

We are all witnesses

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      Absolutely.

Golovkin stops any fighter from 154-168 in the history of boxing. From past ATGs', to present fighters. IMHO

We are all witnesses

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        There's plenty we don't agree, but this we do agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          Absolutely.

We are all witnesses
          Maybe I should have seen this coming. I should have expected posts like this. This is absurd.

Comment

I think he could. Robinson did and GGG is slightly bigger weight wise than Robinson and a harder puncher than Robinson was at middleweight. Robinson was a great punching welterweight but only a good punching middleweight. Robinson's KO percentage at middleweight was about 35% and he was not a natural middleweight. GGG has always fought at 160 and has a KO percentage in the 90s. He is a great puncher to both head and body with both hands.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I think he could. Robinson did and GGG is slightly bigger weight wise than Robinson and a harder puncher than Robinson was at middleweight. Robinson was a great punching welterweight but only a good punching middleweight. Robinson's KO percentage at middleweight was about 35% and he was not a natural middleweight. GGG has always fought at 160 and has a KO percentage in the 90s. He is a great puncher to both head and body with both hands.
              This was more the type of response I was hoping for. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                boxing is not about punching power only, there is more to it..it is about when and where you land that punch..plus who has GGG fought of LaMottas caliber??

Comment

ggg would not hurt lamotta, nor would he stop lamotta.......ggg isn't good/talented enough to do it.

Comment

boxing is not about punching power only, there is more to it..it is about when and where you land that punch..plus who has GGG fought of LaMottas caliber??
                    Bloody hell Larry you read what you only desire to read. He asked if he had the power to hurt lamotta and if so would he stop him. In no way is he saying, who wins etc. he is simply asking if that scenario described above.

Sime question Larry, does GGG have the power to hurt and stop lamotta. Not would he in a real life. I think GGG possess some mule power that would hurt a lot of mw greats. Not saying in anyway he would beat them because that comparison so early in his career would be stupid.

Comment

GGG has yet to even beat a current champion in this era of multiple champions
                      Do you think that might have something to do with all of the other champions being afraid to fight him? I do. He is ranked as the best middleweight in the world by everybody. He is an 11 to 1 favorite to beat top contender Geale next week while Mayweather is only 4 to 1 to beat Maidana. He will KO all those other middleweight champions as soon as they get the courage to fight him. Please tell me which of the other middleweight champs do you pick to beat him?

Comment

Working...
                      X