Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castillo (Floyd 1 fight) vs. JMM (Diaz 1 fight)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Did you even read the damn question?
    LOL exactly what I had in mind. The only relevance of Mayweather's name being mentioned in my poll/thread is the version of Castillo I had chosen for this matchup.

n

dats it.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      What the hell are you talking about? Did you even read the damn question?

Comment

Jmm took a lot of shots in the first Diaz fight and I cant help but think if that were Castillo he wouldn't have been able to bounce back the way he did.

So I am in agreement that that Version of JMM probably loses and possibly by TKO. I felt like feather fists was going to KO JMM a few times in the early going.. the pressure was so crazy and the punches were landing. Obviously, JMM being the genius he is turned things around though. I just don't see that happening if it were Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          Damn good fight, I was thinking about how would it go lately.
          Marquez is great at dealing with pressure and Castillo had problems with defending himself against combinations, but at the same time Juan was there to be hit as well and lightweight was not his best weightclass, he was like 35 already when he moved up.
          Juan Diaz was able to keep Marquez on the ropes for big parts of their fight and was able to do very good work there and even hurt Juan. Now we'd have Castillo who could keep just as deadly pace as Diaz, who punched twice as hard, had better chin, was more skilled and even better defensively and I'm not sure Marquez could deal with that.
          I don't think Juan gets stopped, but I see him going down and being hurt multiple times. He'd land plenty of good shots himself and try to go punch by punch with bigger man so he'd definitely be competitive, but I see him loosing clear,8:4, 9:3 like decision.
          not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            Damn good fight, I was thinking about how would it go lately.
            Marquez is great at dealing with pressure and Castillo had problems with defending himself against combinations, but at the same time Juan was there to be hit as well and lightweight was not his best weightclass, he was like 35 already when he moved up.
            Juan Diaz was able to keep Marquez on the ropes for big parts of their fight and was able to do very good work there and even hurt Juan. Now we'd have Castillo who could keep just as deadly pace as Diaz, who punched twice as hard, had better chin, was more skilled and even better defensively and I'm not sure Marquez could deal with that.
            I don't think Juan gets stopped, but I see him going down and being hurt multiple times. He'd land plenty of good shots himself and try to go punch by punch with bigger man so he'd definitely be competitive, but I see him loosing clear,8:4, 9:3 like decision.
            I understand where you are coming from. But this isn't just Castillo.. its the Castillo from the Floyd fight vs the JMM of the Diaz fight.

IMO, Castillo wins fairly easy. and Marquez didn't handle pressure very well in the first Diaz fight, instead, he adapted.

edit: disregard. seems like we are in agreement in everything with the exception of JMM handling pressure. He DOES handle pressure pretty good, just he didn't in this particular night

Comment

JMM would outclass him. the only advantage castillo has is that hes the naturally bigger man other than that JMM is superior in every aspect. JMM is on a whole other level.

castillo was a good fighter but he gets overrated bcuz of the first fight with mayweather. alot of ppl are unaware that floyd fought the entire fight with a torn rotator cuff, with one arm in other words. in the rematch you saw what was really up.

then we have the corrales fights were he fought well in the first fight, was knocked out and then cheated in the rematch. i love chico but imagine what JMM would have done to him. i dont mean to use a triangle theory but just look at their careers. the PBF fight is the only thing thats on the same level as some of JMM's achievments and i already explained why.

JMM is a legend, one of the best ever. castillo is a solid fighter but doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as marquez.

marquez in 8.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                Marquez will never beat Mayweather. No need to take any version of either fighter Vs eachother. The fight happened in 2009 and Floyd won by shut out with one knockdown. The same weight class, 2 years later, Marquez beat the "#1 WW", "#1P4P" Pacquiao so I don't wanna hear nothing about the weight class.

Comment

Castillo getting underrated, as always. "Herp derp all he ever did was win 4 rounds against a Mayweather with one arm derp."

Comment

Working...
                  X