Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto interview. I will only fight in NY!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto interview. I will only fight in NY!!

damn. . . well i guess that puts an end to that. . . lets just hope NY grants margarito the license. . .

like i said earlier, i think NY is just taking these extra steps to shield themselves from a lawsuit SHOULD something happen to Margarito. . . they are showing the public that they aren't some joke commission, and that they very seriously value a fighter's health and safety. . . i would be VERY surprised if they denied him a license.

Comment

good if the fight is called off if NY commission doesn't clear margacheato and arum lose a sh**it load of money..

Comment

Cotto is banking on his fellow Boricuas to shout his name loudly like they are making love together without the cover on them.

Margarito will still take him to school like the good father he is.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
          damn. . . well i guess that puts an end to that. . . lets just hope NY grants margarito the license. . .

like i said earlier, i think NY is just taking these extra steps to shield themselves from a lawsuit SHOULD something happen to Margarito. . . they are showing the public that they aren't some joke commission, and that they very seriously value a fighter's health and safety. . . i would be VERY surprised if they denied him a license.
          Yea. The fight has to be done in NY. for some reason I thought it was all for publicity.. Ill be happy if it's in NY cause them that means my money isn't a waste.. Dropped 1200 on this fight... Smh.

Comment

God damn, someone better pay off the boxing commission in New York. I really want to see this fight, and it looks like its in serious jeopardy now.

This is total bull****, HBO should sue Bob Arum if this fight doesn't happen. HBO invested alot of time and money into the 24/7 series and hyping this ppv up.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
              good if the fight is called off if NY commission doesn't clear margacheato and arum lose a sh**it load of money..
              Everybody loses loads of money. Top Rank get's 27% of which they have literally dozens if not hundreds to pay, as well as ALL the expenses for the whole evening, including even the coffee, the plastic spoons and styrofoam containers etc.the fighters, the arena, the advertising, EVERYTHING. And if the promotion isn't a success they pay the difference from their own pockets. It's a big risk and only makes them lots of money through the huge turnover in fights.The biggest promoter Top Rank literally has hundreds of fights going every year, probably thousands. Top Rank has something going on all over the world. I see a Top Rank production every Sat night here in Panama without fail, including the Pacquiao-Marquez fight last weekend. But often it's a group of fighters I've never seen before. You should look up promoters on the internet. I did and found it an eye-opener.

Fighters like Cotto, although they also have heavy expenses, go home with a hell of a lot more than 27%.

Comment

Fucking puta.

Comment

If it was Pac he would fight Marg anywhere, anytime cuz hes a true warrior.

Cotto doesn't have the heart of a champion if he refuses to fight solely because of the venue.

Comment

rofl wasn't it manny pacroids that refuses to fight in LA?

Comment

Working...
                    X